birthday present for 16 yr old boy

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
In September I will be in Puerto Plata for The 16th birthday of a friends son. Any suggestions on what I can bring from Canada as a gift for him. Something special.

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
come on! the little boy always lives in me-lol get a remote car, plane, race cars on a track. gameboy, cell phone, football stuff, baseball stuff, whatever sport he likes etc. roller skates, skateboard, Walkman, DVD player, cheap computer, bike, exercise equipment, stereo system, his own TV.. I could go on and on.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Depending on how much you are willing to spend, something "electronic" as we all know how costly these items are in the DR. An iPod only if he has access to download music....or you could buy him that too, kidding!!

Or some "teni shoes"...Nike;)...lol

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Depends a little on how much a particular kid means to you.
Sure, around here, besides base ball gear they "want" cell phones, I-pod's, GameBoys and PS's and kewl hip hop gear just like garbage 50 Cents wears so they can look like about 49c.
But if a kid around here means a great deal to you, I would not forcedly go with the flow. In more developed countries there are some really cool "toys" available which may leave a lasting impression on most any kid. Toys which are geared towards raising or fomenting interest in things which may lead a way to a professional inclination even. But then, attached with such a gift would come your dedication of some quality time with the kid... maybe the greatest gift of'em all.

... J-D.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I have a close connection with the family and I tutor him in English when in PP. I would love to give him a computer but that is not practical as there is no land phone line for a connection to internet and power still goes out in their barrio. As for Met items, his brother-in-law was playing for them at one time and everyone in the family has official Met items. I got him a watch for Christmas, so he doesn't need that.

I was thinking maybe of X-Box or Super Nintendo, or a waterproof jacket. I still need more ideas

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
i'd go with the nike's anything Air Jordan-a basketball, some Air Jordan clothes!
i'd even go with a pure silver rope chain(not gangsta) just something nice- with a cross? or a nice pendant? they have some great silver kiosks, i think thats very special, he will cherish it.
2w55ab6.jpg

or....I'd go silver!!

fk3955.jpg