Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New New Satellite TV service in The DR Including Internet

New Satellite TV service in DR Including Internet?

I have heard this now from two different people, Supposedly costs RD$ 1800.00 Pesos per month plus tax's.

Doe's anyone know the full story and what Company is providing this service?

Larry

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    New Satellite TV service in DR Including Internet?

I have heard this now from two different people, Supposedly costs RD$ 1800.00 Pesos per month plus tax's.

Doe's anyone know the full story and what Company is providing this service?

Larry
    Sky satellite . I live in the POP area and john is who you call for installation his # is 809 601 9599

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No Mike, I don't think this one is Sky Dominicana that's been around for a while now, because when I was paying my telephone bill, a guy in front of me was threatening to cancel his Internet service with Codetel as soon as the new kid on the block get's set up. And a friend of mine stated that someone they new were going to sign the contract this weekend...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    No Mike, I don't think this one is Sky Dominicana that's been around for a while now, because when I was paying my telephone bill, a guy in front of me was threatening to cancel his Internet service with Codetel as soon as the new kid on the block get's set up. And a friend of mine stated that someone they new were going to sign the contract this weekend...

It might be a company out of Puerto Rico because a Yacht Captain friend of mine just purchased 4 dishes for his owners. I have been unable to contact him as the boat is in transit.

If this is US version of satellite, the programming will be far superior than that which Sky offers.

I would switch for better programming although I have already prepaid for Sunday ticket

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be WIND TELECOM

Wind Telecom... Bienvenidos!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

He also indicated that much of the programing will have American content In English Included unlike Sky Dominicana.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a bit longer to commit to any service provider now.

By the end of the year 4 new systems will be up and running in the DR...

A local group is also doing some heavy negotiating with DirecTV to bring the full services to DR.

Same goes for internet services!

Indotel has already approved 17 fast track licenses and open competition via co-pay of already established service providers.

The people that are talking about getting the new service refer to the "trials" being run by several of the startups in the country. Some areas will get services earlier on, while others will see full services within 6 to 12 months.

If you plan to buy a TV or import it to the DR, go for a flat panel HDTV LCD or newer system. You'll need it to get your money worth!
    One Dominican at a time please!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    Wait a bit longer to commit to any service provider now.

By the end of the year 4 new systems will be up and running in the DR...

A local group is also doing some heavy negotiating with DirecTV to bring the full services to DR.

Same goes for internet services!

Indotel has already approved 17 fast track licenses and open competition via co-pay of already established service providers.

The people that are talking about getting the new service refer to the "trials" being run by several of the startups in the country. Some areas will get services earlier on, while others will see full services within 6 to 12 months.

If you plan to buy a TV or import it to the DR, go for a flat panel HDTV LCD or newer system. You'll need it to get your money worth!
    Good advice! Thanks

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a question. Did we decide this was Wind Telecom?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it might be the new company owned by Mr. jose clase. It will provide cable TV (maybe, including HDTV channels), cell phone, normal phone and super fast internet (100 times faster than dsl codetel), all in one package. It has already started in santo domingo and will soon come to santiago and the rest of the country. Like pichardo said, wait and see what else comes here. buy an LCD HDTV 1080p.
    AZB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast