Photos of Dominican Republic : The final chapter

Borec

Dec 20, 2005
Hello once again,
For those who asked me about the book with my pictures, I have one good news and and bad news. The good news is that I have finished it, the bad news is that I have not managed to get a publisher for it. So it is only available on-line on demand,meaning that if you order it they will print one (on color laser printer) copy and sent it to you.
Anyway, I was very busy with finishing the book, studying for exams and finally getting ready to leave the country, so no more trips for me, which is a pity because I really wanted to explore the Northwest border area and also the Northwest coast between Monte Christi and Punta Rucia. Unfortunately I have run out of time, which is a shame shame shame.
Anyway here is link to my pictures, and the link to the book is on the home page.

David's Pictures of Dominican Republic

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thank you for providing us all with a feast for the eyes during your fantastic journies through the DR.
I wish you luck in your endevours to get your work published as well as with your studies and your future.

Borec

Dec 20, 2005
Thank you for providing us all with a feast for the eyes during your fantastic journies through the DR.
I wish you luck in your endevours to get your work published as well as with your studies and your future.

Thank you,
I will be going to Australia, and then only god knows, maybe even back to DR, but that is very unlikely.But I will keep tabs on this forum, just to keep up to date, after all it has been 2 years of my life.

Borec

Dec 20, 2005
Great pictures!
Y Santiago?
SHALENA

Sorry no Santiago, I kind of try to keep away from the cities, I included SD because I live here, but that is about it. I love the outdoors and I try to keep away from places where I can see more then two people at the time :).
That is why I like Bolivia (you can drive for about 100km without seeing another human being, and you have it aaaaaaaaaaalllllll for yourself - ya I am a selfish son of gun) and Australia that much and I am not that fond of Europe :) (where you cannot have a **** behind a rock without being it recorded on some video tape somewhere).

Aug 19, 2004
Some great photos - must say I like photographing Dominican towns in particular - Monti Cristi, Santiago, San Perdro etc..

I hope nobody asks you what camera you used! The pictures here are all credit to you keeping your eyes open.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Hello once again,
For those who asked me about the book with my pictures, I have one good news and and bad news. The good news is that I have finished it, the bad news is that I have not managed to get a publisher for it. So it is only available on-line on demand,meaning that if you order it they will print one (on color laser printer) copy and sent it to you.
Anyway, I was very busy with finishing the book, studying for exams and finally getting ready to leave the country, so no more trips for me, which is a pity because I really wanted to explore the Northwest border area and also the Northwest coast between Monte Christi and Punta Rucia. Unfortunately I have run out of time, which is a shame shame shame.
Anyway here is link to my pictures, and the link to the book is on the home page.

David's Pictures of Dominican Republic

Borec thank you very much for those gorgous pictures of the DR, you caught the bio-diversities and the constracts of this tiny island. There isn't another island in the whole caribbean like the DR. Thanks again.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thank you,
I will be going to Australia, and then only god knows, maybe even back to DR, but that is very unlikely.But I will keep tabs on this forum, just to keep up to date, after all it has been 2 years of my life.

Excellent! That is another country I love but is a bit to far just to hop on down to. Would love to see what creative photos you turn out there...although probably wouldnt be able to post them on DR1;).

Happy travels

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
David,
Your work is outstanding and I thank you for your public sharing. I enjoyed it with my heart. Best of all in your future.

Sollie

ari

Jan 20, 2006
Hi Borec!
YOur pictures are truely a work of art. They are absolutely beautiful!
I hope you get to publish them!
Best of luck to you :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
very very nice indeed. you must be a professional so tell us what camera you are using :laugh:

Aug 19, 2004
"you must be a professional so tell us what camera you are using"

- would you ask an artist what brushes he used!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
of course..and your question is ?
you're from London, that explains it :ermm: a friggin bloke...

as a professional photographer/videographer WE professionals do share information...

Borec

Dec 20, 2005
as a professional photographer/videographer WE professionals do share information...

Well I would not call myself professional, but if you really want to know, I use quite ordinary (sometimes malfunctioning, due to a wave bath) Panasonic DMC-FZ50. I would love a real DSLR, from Nikon, but there are always other things to spend money on which are more urgent.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
you may not want to call yourself professional, but your pictures are professional looking...
if you get a Nikon, look out...
again, good pics...