Riu Bachata resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

milleniunthug

Jul 2, 2006
Can anyone tell me about Riu Bachata. A couple of people gave it negative reviews without any real explanation, I stayed at Sun Village two years ago and had a good time, but I figure I'd try a different resort this time.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
riu bachata

i have had several relatives stay there when they have come to visit. they have all loved it and are all booked to stay there in december again. it is a bit off the beaten path but if you like ai resorts it is a very nice facility with lots to do

alanamarie

Dec 11, 2007
Recommend!

We stayed at the Riu Bachata in April & we really loved it. I had one problem though, which was only a problem to me- some of their rooms are musty/moldy. I am highly allergic to molds & noticed it right away & had to be moved from our first room. The replacement room (the only they had left comparable to our size) was better- but still not perfect. However, as long as we kept the overhead fan off, I could breathe ok. And of course, it did not bother my husband or kids (who thought I was crazy) AT ALL. They didn't notice it.
That said, we loved everything else about the place! The service is EXCELLENT, the grounds are kept super clean- the staff does a great job & are constantly cleaning the pool and all common areas. All of the buffet food is not fantastic of course, but there were definitely some things (like the fresh fruit shakes & smoothies at breakfast) that were really outstanding.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
It is a nice resort and is in a very pretty setting. There is a path at the back of the hotel that leads down to a quiet, private beach, a feature we really liked.
I do agree about the fruti smoothies at breakfast..very delicious indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.