A Small Change

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
After a small lifetime :laugh: moderating three and sometimes four forums on DR1, and helping out on many others, I've decided to take a break from moderating. To those who love me, don't fret, I am still here and around. To those who hate me, this is your opportunity to go and have a cold one! Enjoy! :laugh: and to those who don't know me and have no clue what I did, it is not a big deal - please don't even miss a beat... ;)

On a serious note, this was a tremendous learning experience. It is one of the biggest sites of its genre in the world and I moderated and developed the biggest forum here. I have a great respect for the owners and management of DR1 and I'm truly happy about the time that I spent working with the other mods, the posters and Robert and crew.

I'll be around to check up on y'all from time to time!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What can I say. You've been my biggest supporter and have helped me greatly and I'm sadden that you will no longer be a fellow mod but I'm glad you will be around as a poster.

Yes the Living forum is the biggest forum to moderate but you did a great job with all that came your way plus all the stuff that most of our members never get to see.

Thank you Christa ;)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
After a small lifetime :laugh: moderating three and sometimes four forums on DR1, and helping out on many others, I've decided to take a break from moderating. To those who love me, don't fret, I am still here and around. To those who hate me, this is your opportunity to go and have a cold one! Enjoy! :laugh: and to those who don't know me and have no clue what I did, it is not a big deal - please don't even miss a beat... ;)

On a serious note, this was a tremendous learning experience. It is one of the biggest sites of its genre in the world and I moderated and developed the biggest forum here. I have a great respect for the owners and management of DR1 and I'm truly happy about the time that I spent working with the other mods, the posters and Robert and crew.

I'll be around to check up on y'all from time to time!

Well, you have always been friendly, fair and helpful to me so, I for one, will miss you.... take care and I look forward to your threads and posts in the future.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What can I say, Chris you have been a great moderator and a wonderful asset to DR1.
The door is always open if you ever decide to jump back in :)

Many thanks from the whole DR1 Team!

A

apostropheman

Chris,

Thanks for all the hard work and hope to see you moderating again soon.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Wow! Sorry to see you go.... enjoy your ALL your FREE time now!!! Thanks for your dedication. :)

2LF

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I always found your posts fair and honest.

Don't be a stranger!!!!!;)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
All my best to an intelligent, fair and sensistive person that I have enjoyed conversations with.
John E.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Sorry to lose you as a fellow mod, Christa. Hope you stay active on DR1, particularly in the Environment Forum. You're always welcome there! [Sure you are all over the site, but you know what I mean!] Un abrazo, K

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
I've enjoyed your intelligence, fairness and wit. Wellness and happiness your way. May your dreams be realized.

Sollie

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
One of the most thankless tasks going, I would guess. Dealing with flack, possibly from several fronts at once; having to keep quiet when one would like to get 'in there' otherwise one's impartiality would be questioned and answering the questions which remain unanswered because..........well, no-one else wants to or has. Plus deleting the slanging matches, getting inundated with PMs or emails of 'complaint' and having to choose very simple language for those who would misinterpret anything slightly more articulate :cheeky:. Then there will always be the helpful soul who suggests merging threads without realising how much work is entailed..............

Now you have the luxury of being able to post when you want to, on topics you choose to with none of the cat herding. Enjoy! :)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Enough of all these compliments & nice words etc!! :cheeky::bunny: The girl will be having second thoughts & wanting her old 'WELL PAID' job back! :ermm: ! :cheeky: !

Hmmmmm. I wonder if Christa is setting up an 'Anger Training & Stress Management' course for all her friends who have been dismissed from DR1?? :cheeky: ;) :surprised :surprised

Have fun Christa (Oh Yeah ....... & thanks for a job well done!!) ~ Grahame

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
One of the most thankless tasks going, I would guess. Dealing with flack, possibly from several fronts at once; having to keep quiet when one would like to get 'in there' otherwise one's impartiality would be questioned and answering the questions which remain unanswered because..........well, no-one else wants to or has. Plus deleting the slanging matches, getting inundated with PMs or emails of 'complaint' and having to choose very simple language for those who would misinterpret anything slightly more articulate :cheeky:. Then there will always be the helpful soul who suggests merging threads without realising how much work is entailed..............

Now you have the luxury of being able to post when you want to, on topics you choose to with none of the cat herding. Enjoy! :)

Enough said !

I cannot imagine the behind the scenes, interesting stories and exciting scenarios that play out within this office on a daily, fiscal and or holiday weekend.

This task at hand would be more than most would endure.

DR1.....Live long and Prosper !

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Buen Viaje.

You're an exceptional human being with capacities that far surpass the average.
You have set a new standard of excellence to which all others will be measured.

I don't know how you did it this long.
Herding cats would be easier and more rewarding.
If I didn't have an idea of how immense a task it was, I would beg you to stay, but you deserve to have more spare time for you and yours.
You've earned our respect and admiration and you've earned my love.

Post proelia praemia.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
As you turn the page to a new chapter in your life wishing you the best.....missing you already.