Luperon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
anyone can tell me if luperon and the isabela are worth a day trip with my visiting brother??

we're going from santiago and traveling with my 10month old son.

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Nice...

Beautiful scenery and beaches. A very laid back and relaxing atmosphere.
There is a great dominican beach restaurant at La Isabella. Very rustic,but, excellent food.
I have been in that area several times and always enjoyed it.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Beautiful scenery and beaches. A very laid back and relaxing atmosphere.
There is a great dominican beach restaurant at La Isabella. Very rustic,but, excellent food.
I have been in that area several times and always enjoyed it.
You must be thinking about las Ruinas La Isabela.
The town of La Isabela is not on the ocean and has no beach.

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
You must be thinking of Villa Isabela and not La Isabela which has the ruins and a beautiful beach.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You must be thinking of Villa Isabela and not La Isabela which has the ruins and a beautiful beach.
Villa Isabela and La Isabela are one and the same.
You're talking about a little coastal village, las Ruinas La Isabela.
La Isabela is a big place inland, as shown on the map.

hfghf.jpg

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
thanks for your help - we're actually going to try to see as much as we can in the day... las ruinas and also the town. and maybe the beach. we're big scenery lovers.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Touring the ruins is well worth the trip.The archaeological dig is managed by the University of Indiana and they have amassed a wonderful two gallery museum of artifacts. As it is a national park the entrance fee is a modest $RD100 and you can have a guided or self guided tour.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Don't ruinyou day trying to get to the town of La Isabela. YOu have to cross the Bajabonito River and there is no bridge...so a 4 x 4 is absolutely needed, plus, there is nothing to see in the town, except a typical little Dominican village.
So, stay on the north side of the river and explore the ruins of the first European settlement in the New World. you can even see the old quarry where they cut the stones for the first buildings...
HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Great photo. Been there and done that in an ol' VW Beetle!! ('74).....It was easier in the Land Rover...

HB

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
I have a group of 50- will the rustic little beach resuarant be able to accomodate us? anybody know the name or number or another place near the ruins or beach worth eating at-
Thanks
Stevi

Status
Not open for further replies.