Las Terrenas - any wind??

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
We would like to leave Cabarete and kite beach for a couple of days. Good winds here but a bit overcrowded...

So, how does it look in Coson and Ponta Poty?? Any kite surfers out? We plan to go in the next couple of days. Windguru and Windfinder have been far from accurate lately...

Suggestions for a simple but clean place close to the best spots, preferably with WiFi, is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

dahlia

Nov 21, 2006
kite surf in L T

From what I heard the 2 french brothers who were the first to start with kite surfs experiment their new material at punta popy ... so it must not be too bad ! and you often see kite surfers on the sea, but no crowd at all . surely worth a try.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Wind?s blowing right now... Punta Poppy is a Kiter?s paradise... Gotta come down here... it?s a must...

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi DR mpe,

Great wind's off Punta Poppy most days, and as Squat say's it is a kiter's paradise....
places to stay, well you could always try La Dolce Vita.

Happy Days

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Thank you for your replies. So a good value hotel close to Ponta Poty?? Any suggestions? La Dolce vita one, any more?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
From what I heard the 2 french brothers who were the first to start with kite surfs experiment their new material at punta popy ... so it must not be too bad ! and you often see kite surfers on the sea, but no crowd at all . surely worth a try.

So where exactly is Punta Popy. Antone that has a link to a good map? I have been in Las terrenas 5 times so I know a little bit, but not where Punta popy is...