Train Route Santo Dgo To Santiago

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Leonel in my opinion will hit the ball out of the park
if he really carries out his idea of building a Santo Dgo/Santiago
cargo/passenger train route.

This would for sure ease up a bit the dependecy on fossil oil for transport.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Not really, the DR consists of a lot more than the capital or Santiago.

The only thing that will be going "out of the park" first, then out of this world are the increased taxes to pay for it and the increased wages for the all but worthless politicians. Tell me why those bozos have to earn more than their US counterparts? They can fool Dominicans here, but the rest of the world sees them for what they are, Mugabe imitations, sorry.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Not really, the DR consists of a lot more than the capital or Santiago.

The only thing that will be going "out of the park" first, then out of this world are the increased taxes to pay for it and the increased wages for the all but worthless politicians. Tell me why those bozos have to earn more than their US counterparts? They can fool Dominicans here, but the rest of the world sees them for what they are, Mugabe imitations, sorry.

And you think that Dominicans don't know that there is corruption going on?
It sounds like you are implying that dominicans are all stupid.

Anyway, what do you think can be done about it?
corruption is everywhere. Or do you think that their US counterparts are angels?
Last time I checked there has always been news about U.S officials involved in
some forms of corruptions.

Not a dam thing....they are still going to make their fortunes nomatter what amount they report.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Think of this:
Route? Will it be Santiago direct to Santo Domingo? Or will it take on passengers in Moca, La Vega and Bonao>>??
Cargo: Will it haul freight?

Then figure this: How will they appease the bus companies, the trucking syndicates and all the others whose livelihoods depends on vehicular traffic??

HB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
They should make first a line from Santo Domingo to Boca Chica / La Caleta, as there is the Airport and ITLA and it would serve as a experiment (shorter).

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
yes

They should make first a line from Santo Domingo to Boca Chica / La Caleta, as there is the Airport and ITLA and it would serve as a experiment (shorter).

i agree, i think a route on the south coast as an experiment would be interesting. like Santo Domingo to La Romana....making stops along the way, this I can see being better used for passengers rather than freight :ermm:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
And you think that Dominicans don't know that there is corruption going on?
It sounds like you are implying that dominicans are all stupid.

Anyway, what do you think can be done about it?
corruption is everywhere. Or do you think that their US counterparts are angels?
Last time I checked there has always been news about U.S officials involved in
some forms of corruptions.

Not a dam thing....they are still going to make their fortunes nomatter what amount they report.

Says who????

What bothers me is the fact that the government officials certainly won't discuss corruption and lavish wages but what's even worse are the paid party faithful that won't discuss it on radio or tv shows.

This is censorship plain and simple. If the Dominican people had it their way they would send all of these theives to Zimbabwe where they belong. As it is they know they will be ignored by the government, press and party faithful - and they are right.

At least in the US if someone is caught in a scandal their life in ruined by the press, they lose their job and go to jail. Here in the DR it is quickly brushed under the rug and hardly talked about.

Last edited:

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
This is ridiculous... Our government doesn't know the meaning of the word "priorities"

In a country with so many basic problems how can you take the people's money and spend it like crazy in toys and splurges? and on top of that get in deep debts as well...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
How will they appease the bus companies, the trucking syndicates and all the others whose livelihoods depends on vehicular traffic??

HB
It will be interesting to see how this is achieved when the SD Metro starts running.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
No, it ran for a couple of weeks during the Book Fair, as part of a PR/electoral strategy, but the formal opening is supposed to happen later in the year.