2 18year old English girls wanting to move to Bavaro

nicx123

May 26, 2008
Hi

Me and my friend are two 18 year old girls who want to move to Bavaro, Maybe not forever but long enought to experience life in a different country, with different cultures and people.

We are saving money to do this, we are going to learn spanish but i think by the time we move it will only be basic spanish.

We do not know where to start when it comes to buying an apartment or finding a job!! we only need a job that pays for renting a apartment or something, we really want to make this move and not spend the rest of our lives regretting not going.

Please help
Regards
Nicole

Aug 19, 2004
"experience life in a different country, with different cultures and people." - sounds like a good idea but why Bavaro? - This would not be the best place IMO to experience local cultures and people.

If you want to do this - may be best to consider volunteering and other schemes that provide some support and organsation.

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
I agree with the previous answers. Bavaro is a very small town, not much to do apart from the beach and prices are higher than in the rest of the country. Not much culture either.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
"experience life in a different country, with different cultures and people." - sounds like a good idea but why Bavaro? - This would not be the best place IMO to experience local cultures and people.

If you want to do this - may be best to consider volunteering and other schemes that provide some support and organsation.

Great advise, but you should have added after they complete college. They could join the Peace Corp. How do you think two 18 year old girls would be able to survive in a country where they know little about anything? Try getting a job legally in the DR especially not knowing the language. The tigres well smell fresh meat when they see these two girls.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hi

We do not know where to start when it comes to buying an apartment or finding a job!! we only need a job that pays for renting a apartment or something,

Please help
Regards
Nicole

So are you looking to buy a place of your own or rent?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's not a good idea to buy something until you know the area better so I wouldn't recommend buying anything until you know for sure that is where you want to settle. Rent and move around for 6 months. Volunteer for a while like someone has suggested.

Like others have said, Bavaro isn't the place to learn about a different culture.