Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best way to send 10 used cellphones to DR

Im looking to send 10 used cellphones to DR, whats the most reliable service and how do i make sure i can clear customs. The phones were purchased on ebay and i have invoices of the price i paid.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by domenico View Post
    Im looking to send 10 used cellphones to DR, whats the most reliable service and how do i make sure i can clear customs. The phones were purchased on ebay and i have invoices of the price i paid.

I use USPS Express Mail. It is much cheaper than DHL or FedEx and they deliver. But sometimes their delivery takes up to six weeks instead of promised "3-5 days". But so far they deliver and never issues with customs.

Ten cphones by USPS Express Mail will cost you some $50 US. And they deliver right into hands.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reply, i just gotta declare the value i paid for them on ebay? no need for invoices

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reply, i just gotta declare the value i paid for them on ebay? no need for invoices
    I only declare value and never included any invoices/receipts.

So far, no prob.

Some expensive items. Valuable. Like auto parts, electronics.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

how often can you send a package there like this? i want to send another box hopefully 2-3 weeks later would it be a problem

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

how often can you send a package there like this? i want to send another box hopefully 2-3 weeks later would it be a problem

so far I havent bumped into any restriction or limit.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

domenico,

If you are hoping to make your fortune reselling phones you bought on ebay in the DR, get in line. Many have tried. I haven't heard of anyone who has made any significant money doing this yet, and most have done well to break even after investing a lot of time.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If you bring it in through Business Mail or EPS there is a maximum value of US200 before Aduanas will apply tariffs.

You need a receipt too, declaring the value means nothing to Aduanas because they have their own rules. Anybody who has done it this way and didn't get caught was lucky and is only a matter of time. I live in the DR and buy stuff abroad all of the time.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Please do not sent cellphones to Dominican Republic.
    The parents buy only telephonecards and do not buy food for the children, because the Dominicans are phone-addicted.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default damn

Quote Originally Posted by Dre Broeders View Post
    Please do not sent cellphones to Dominican Republic.
    The parents buy only telephonecards and do not buy food for the children, because the Dominicans are phone-addicted.
    AMEN brother....take care of priorities first before blabbing on a cell phone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast