Girls Orphanage In Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trupti

Sep 23, 2006
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find the address of a girls orphanage in Puerto Plata. It's run by Sister Maria (or it was when I was there in 2007) and it's a small place, with heavy gates at the entrance. It's located on a rough hilly road, towards the middle or top of the street.

I'm travelling back to Puerto Plata and have plans to drop a few things off for the girls but I'd like to have an address in my hands before I go, instead of wasting taxi dollars in trying to locate this place.

Thanks in advance :)

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
i think i know the orphanage you're talking about - does it also have some sort of school associated with it? and across the street from a sports complex (mostly baseball and soccer fields?) if it is that one, let me know and i can get you the address.

Trupti

Sep 23, 2006
Hi there :)

No, that's not the one. The place you've described actually sounds like a location across from the Casa Marina Beach & Reef Resort in Sosua

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Perhaps one of these

Alberga de Martina near the prison, on the same street not quite as far up as the prison. The street is not in too bad a shape but it is on a hill.
or....
Luisa Ortea facility in front of the sports facility (polideportiva) in POP on Ave. Luis Ginebra.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think it has to be Albergue de Martina because Luisa Ortea is on the main road (no hill & a good road). Trupti, does it look like this?
PERIODICO EL FARO EDICION DIGITAL

In which case tell your taxi driver to follow tflea's directions for the prison (Fortaleza).

I thought of that before but didn't post because to me that's quite a good road so.................just shows you we all define 'rough' differently. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.