What is the real reason why YOU fell in love with the DR? All members get in here NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
They say that love is first sight.
They also say that sex is everything. And if sex is everything, then the DR is everything! And if the DR is everything...then...well...you get the picture!
I fell in love with the DR on my first time in Boca Chica. The endless sinful flow of mankind's vice was a good alternative introduction to my bland, virgin lifestyle I was adhering to in America. I fell in love with a Sosua hooker and vowed to get her out of the bad lifestyle, of the mean big mandingo gringos that hurt her. Much did I fail (true love), and little did I gain (in the form of rashes of course!) I thought that if you "ficcy-ficcy" in the water, you can't catch nothing because the water would clean it out... oh well :(
But anyway...enough about me...let's talk about YOU.
For what reason(s) did you fall in love with the mistress (or mister for the skanks's cases) of the DR?
What is the compelling reason, of your undying love and commitment to the DR, enough that you participate in a DR forum in a day to day basis, and in a way, dedicate your whole freakin' life to the DR in one form or another (financial, mental/physical)?
Is it all about unrestricted, as-much-as-you-can-physically-sustain sex? That's what it was for me. The endless flow of chicas really made me feel good...really good actually.
Or was there a more deeper underlying reason that you'd like to share with the fellow members on here?
Did you fall in love with the uninhibited peso lovin' Dominican mentality?
Did you fall in love with the 'motoconcho-ficcy-ficcy-HOLA-chica ring lifestyle?
The playa?
The supermercado?
The agua?
Bottom line...
Why do you love the DR so much????

A

apostropheman

I'm ready....popcorn is made...let the games begin!

popcorn.jpg

Who will be the first to tackle this weighty subject...jejeje :D

I see Rocky beat me to it but who will win the prize...
HFHHH333x386.jpg

...for best answer? :p:bunny::bunny:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
They say that love is first sight.
They also say that sex is everything. And if sex is everything, then the DR is everything! And if the DR is everything...then...well...you get the picture!
I fell in love with the DR on my first time in Boca Chica. The endless sinful flow of mankind's vice was a good alternative introduction to my bland, virgin lifestyle I was adhering to in America. I fell in love with a Sosua hooker and vowed to get her out of the bad lifestyle, of the mean big mandingo gringos that hurt her. Much did I fail (true love), and little did I gain (in the form of rashes of course!) I thought that if you "ficcy-ficcy" in the water, you can't catch nothing because the water would clean it out... oh well :(
But anyway...enough about me...let's talk about YOU.
For what reason(s) did you fall in love with the mistress (or mister for the skanks's cases) of the DR?
What is the compelling reason, of your undying love and commitment to the DR, enough that you participate in a DR forum in a day to day basis, and in a way, dedicate your whole freakin' life to the DR in one form or another (financial, mental/physical)?
Is it all about unrestricted, as-much-as-you-can-physically-sustain sex? That's what it was for me. The endless flow of chicas really made me feel good...really good actually.
Or was there a more deeper underlying reason that you'd like to share with the fellow members on here?
Did you fall in love with the uninhibited peso lovin' Dominican mentality?
Did you fall in love with the 'motoconcho-ficcy-ficcy-HOLA-chica ring lifestyle?
The playa?
The supermercado?
The agua?
Bottom line...

Get in here NOW... do you have the authority to give out orders to DR1 members? Not only do I find your command rather intimidating but also I think that the nature of your questions could be a far broader - after all, we didn't all come to live in the DR to satisfy one of the choices you offer. I would hate your insinuations to deter others from moving to such a delightful island by thinking that what you suggest is all the DR has to offer.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I fell in love with the atmosphere, the weather, the people, the sunrise and sunset!

the beaches, the palms...i can go on and on!

And if you really believe...."the sex is all that" you are only lyeing to yourself!

about your rash...ummmm ......was that the best few dollars you ever spent or what?

lili4ever

Jan 22, 2008
i fell in love with my man first....then DR came after

i visited DR way back in 2000 and we had a great time my sister and I. Before then, her and I visited Venezuela, Cuba, Mexico. In 2005, I met my guy that lived in DR through a dating site. We communicated via internet and phone daily for 2 years before we met in person. I`ve been to DR many times since, educated myself about the country with the help of this forum, reading and researching daily. It`s a big decision to make when one thinks of moving to DR seriously or any other country. I don`t think sex and fantasizing is the best solution to motivate someone to move here permanently and have a great life and future. I`m sure it`s not always a pleasure to live there on a daily basis if one has minimum bank account. From what I read on this site...one has to know more than sex with sankies-sankiettes to survive and enjoy a fulfilled lifestyle. I will and want to move to DR to be with my love but what do I have to give up back home to make up for in DR?

It`s a chance that we have to make and hope that it will work out.

This is my reason that DR will be where I want to be soon...

lili ....

patrick this is for you...love you

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
I couldn't find the option with my reason.
I moved here for the weather.

As a fellow Canadian I agree if it wasn't for the weather I'd stayed in Canada.

But!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did fall in love with the warmth of the people. And I found Dominican families (and Dominicans in general) tend to be very good about sharing resources - if someone gets sick or needs some financial help, they will often scrape up money from very extended parts of the family to try and pay the bill. This was different and very heart warming from my experiences in Canada.

Also I didn't object to the attentions of these 19 - 20 year olds who didn't tell me at 50 and now 67 to get lost or give me the 1 finger salute when I said "hola". It might have been the biggest reason why I feel in love with the DR but not the only one.

I'm here to stay for as long as that might be!

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
Well I Was Born In The U.s But My Parents Were Born In Dr So Blood Is Thicker Then Water

The Flag I Love Dearly !!!

My Family As Well !!

The Life We Live And My Favorite Person Is Dominican And Thats My Mother !!!

The Women !!

Presidente !!!!

The Heritage Is What I Grew Up In And What I Was Raised On !!!!

Thats Why I Love Dr !!! U Got To Be Proud About Where U From !!

i Guess That's What We Call Payback.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
From the replies in this thread, I think it's safe to say that S & B's belief that people move here for sex, is completely false.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Five of the best......

1) The people - happy and uncomplicated
2) The laid back mentality - a great "chill out" place
3) Bachata and Blanco - they go hand in hand
4) Paso Fino horses - beautiful animals at a fraction of the price they are truly worth.
5) The look on my fellas face when "mami" gets back home!

;)

Rio

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
lili is completely right, IMO. You don't pick up and move to another country just for sex! You may visit from time to time with sex as the objective, but as previous post on this forum amply demonstrates, those who fall in love with the DR, and certainly those who set up residence there, are more serious. The DR is a beautiful country with wonderful people and fantastic weather. What's not to love about that?!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
1) The people - happy and uncomplicated
2) The laid back mentality - a great "chill out" place
3) Bachata and Blanco - they go hand in hand
4) Paso Fino horses - beautiful animals at a fraction of the price they are truly worth.
5) The look on my fellas face when "mami" gets back home!

;)

Rio

I think the fact that you mentioned the people being "uncomplicated" is one I can truly relate to...I think this is something very appealing indeed.
Bachata...well, that is high on the priority list for sure.

I sincerely believe that a warm climate and warm people go hand in hand.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
[/I]

Can someone explain what kind of lifestyle this is? It makes no sense to me (thankfully I am sure!!).

I fell in love with the country first....the kind people, slow pace, warm weather, sunshine, never ending ocean breeze and the way you feel rested when you wake up in the morning because you are stress free.

It was on my third trip that I met my husband and although he is the main reason that I returned time & time again...if he wasn't in my life, I would still choose the DR as my travel destination of choice because of all the reasons I listed above.

There is alot more to this country than Sun & Buns and hopefully S&B will get to experience more than his ficcy ficcy rashes. (gross)

Mar 2, 2008
sunandbuns,
you seem harmless enough, but you're still just another snotty-nose kid who thinks with his libido and assumes everyone else does as well.

I also take offense to your manner in making requests, but that's just me.

In any event, I expect you already know what you want to hear, and all other input will be scanned and mentally deleted.

May I ask, what is the purpose of this exercise? Everyone has their own reasons for being/wanting to be in the DR, and you won't find any answers that will benefit you in any way. They will either validate your expectations, or you will ignore them. So what's up with all the drama?

You want to live a fantasy life in an exotic place where you once found a willing recipient for your noctural (omission). I sincerely hope you find your dream-world, but you have a long way to go before you find your place in the world.

These are just my thoughts, so don't take it personally. You obviously have a lot of growing up to do. Many of us have already had the priviledge of raising children. I, for one, do not have the time, inclination, or energy to raise any more. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Deleted my post- just wasting everyones time
Sorry, sorry - didn't read the OP properly - I need to concentrate....

Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.