Dominican Larimar Necklaces - Can anybody help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyboy

Jul 5, 2008
Hello everybody :)

I went to the Dominican Republic last month - it was incredible, we had a fabulous time.

While there i purchased a Larimar necklace and Bracelet from one of the beach front stalls for only 350 pesos (?6 or so) - i would really like to get my hands on more of these, is there anybody in the Dominican Republic who would like to help me and make some money for themselves by getting a hold of some Larimar necklaces and sending them to me here in the UK?

Larimar is a beautiful stone and the fact it is only found in the Dominican Republic is astonishing.

I hope someone can help! :classic:

Thanks and i look forward to hearing from people
Mike

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

I went to the Dominican Republic last month - it was incredible, we had a fabulous time.

While there i purchased a Larimar necklace and Bracelet from one of the beach front stalls for only 350 pesos (?6 or so) - i would really like to get my hands on more of these, is there anybody in the Dominican Republic who would like to help me and make some money for themselves by getting a hold of some Larimar necklaces and sending them to me here in the UK?

Larimar is a beautiful stone and the fact it is only found in the Dominican Republic is astonishing.

I hope someone can help! :classic:

Mike

If the people you plan to supply in the UK don't mind "fake" rather than the "real thing" that is fine but be assured that genuine Larimar is not a 'cheap' alternative semi-precious stone. Having said that, it is very beautiful and, as you rightly say, is only mined and polished in the DR.

mikeyboy

Jul 5, 2008
It was genuine, i saw plastic fakes and knew what to spot as such

He wasn't exactly happy to sell at that price but after half an hour or so he gave in and did so

Anybody know anyone in the DR i can buy necklaces off??

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
It was genuine, i saw plastic fakes and knew what to spot as such

He wasn't exactly happy to sell at that price but after half an hour or so he gave in and did so

Anybody know anyone in the DR i can buy necklaces off??
I know three suppliers in Puerto Plata who might be able to help. Do a google search, choose the styles you like, tell me size of necklace & I'll get some quotes ......... they will be PROPER quotes, whether they be for plastic alternatives OR the real Larimar & will be itemised as such. :cool:

If you move quickly I have someone from the UK here in August & they could (hopefully - after I ask them) bring them back to the UK & post them from Manchester or Gatwick!! - Grahame.

mikeyboy

Jul 5, 2008
I know three suppliers in Puerto Plata who might be able to help. Do a google search, choose the styles you like, tell me size of necklace & I'll get some quotes ......... they will be PROPER quotes, whether they be for plastic alternatives OR the real Larimar & will be itemised as such. :cool:

Really appreciate your reply, the necklace and bracelets i am looking for are pictured here: http://i16.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/f6/d9/6e7e_1.JPG

I look forward to hearing from you regarding quotes or if you could pass on your supplier details that would be excellent

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Our products line includes many NIKE Shoes , such as NIKE (Air Max,Shox,Air Jordan, Air Force one,Dunk, Rift, AND1 est...), ADIDAS,TIMBERLAND and so on. Our shoes are popular all over the world with High Quality, Competitive Price, Best Service and Safe.Delivery .We can assure you that you will be satisfied with our shoes and service. We hope to build mutual benefits and long term business relationships with all customers.

Well Bully for you 'Old Chap'. Have you discussed advertising costs with Robert - the owner of this site?? :bunny: :ermm: :bunny: :cheeky: :bunny: ~ Grahame

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Well Bully for you 'Old Chap'. Have you discussed advertising costs with Robert - the owner of this site?? :bunny: :ermm: :bunny: :cheeky: :bunny: ~ Grahame

Clearly not Grahame...he has hijacked several threads!;):ermm:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
My 1/2 Larimar chain and pendant is beautiful, asking price was $795 US
Of course i got a bit of a deal on it!! but ot much, and i definately did NOT buy it on the beach from a vender!!

thise piece is beautiful...one side of the heart is amber, the other Larimar!

2iaeute.jpg

121wp7c.jpg

A

apostropheman

This from Harrison Jewelers in Sosua by chance?

I looked at a piece just like it there last year for my sister. At that kind of price point I passed, but it is beautiful. :D
My 1/2 Larimar chain and pendant is beautiful, asking price was $795 US
Of course i got a bit of a deal on it!! but ot much, and i definately did NOT buy it on the beach from a vender!!

thise piece is beautiful...one side of the heart is amber, the other Larimar!

Reactions: Tamborista

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006

I hope someone can help! :classic
Mike
: READ HERE http://www.dr1.com/forums/east-coast/69057-larimar-amber-jewelry.html

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Thanks for the link but wasn't any help

I'm after someone in the DR to send me some necklaces, any takers?

All the little vending shops sell them, i'd buy several at a time and pay you a large percentage more than the shops ask plus postage, simple way for someone to make some money! Come on - any takers??? :cheeky:

Are you suggesting you would like some to partake in a little illegal business venture??

Theres a little something called "duty" and "customs", you should look into it!!

And perhaps speak with a reputable jeweler in DR.

Better off to go the "China" route-might be cheaper and less hassles if you go by sea!

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
944 items listed under larimar on ebay.........................

Meaning?

In large quantities?!! trust me i know ebay- we're really good buddies!!

However i'm not sure how many Dominican people sell it on e-bay!!

will go check!:glasses:

mikeyboy

Jul 5, 2008
Are you suggesting you would like some to partake in a little illegal business venture??

Well yes if you want to call it that :squareeye

I just want more of the same necklaces i have bought while on holiday there last month.

eBay do not have what i am looking for...

Do any of the small beach front vendor shops have small websites? Or does anyone know of a supplier where they get all their jewelery from?

Status
Not open for further replies.