U2 tribute band

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
All I can say is WOW!!!
What a night. I am not a big fan of tribute bands, no offence to anybody that has been in or currently are in a tribute band, but to me tribute bands are wanabees...and a lot of the times they are also crap. BUT, last night was an exception.
It really was a case of trying to listen very carefully to see if he screws up his notes. The guy not only looked similar to Bono to most people, but his voice was almost a carbon copy. If you closed your eyes and forgot that you were on Cabarete beach you would have sworn blind that you were actually at a genuine U2 concert.
This was a special treat for Cabarete, and the organisers of the event did a fantastic job. Everything wsa professionaly done, from the stage, the lights, pyrotechnics and the three huge screens.
Now, if only we had an event similar to this each month! It would really turn around the face of Cabarete. At a wild guess, there must have been 2500 people on the beach last night, possibly more. When you think about the amount of drinks that get sold, (ok, granted, a lot of people bring their own drinks) it might be financially viable, but still,what a place Cabarete would be if we had regular events like last night. I think that people are getting tired of the same music in both Onno's and Bambu. With all the new music out there and the ease of being able to download whatever music you want, you would think that they would at least start incorporating current chart music. One of the owners said that the foreigners do not want to come here and hear the same music that they are hearing back home...ok, understandable, but think about the people that live there all year round..
Ok, I am getting away from my subject, sorry. For those of you that missed it, you really did miss a special event. For those of you that were there, I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did!!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I was there and I agree that it was an awesome event. Just about everyone I talked to said something to the effect of..."I wish we could have something like this on a regular basis". If only we can figure out how to do it. I don't think Lifestyle Vacations will want to keep footing the bill!!

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Well Done

Excellent event and gobs of people.
But no porta potties, did I mess them somewhere? Just like at the Jazz Fest, no facilities.
The rest was loads of fun.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I agree what an awesome night.
One question for anyone that was there..
There was a giant tent/seating that looked like a VIP section at the opposite side of the stage.
Was it that or did it have the sponsors (Lifestyle Vacations ) guest in seating.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I agree what an awesome night.
One question for anyone that was there..
There was a giant tent/seating that looked like a VIP section at the opposite side of the stage.
Was it that or did it have the sponsors (Lifestyle Vacations ) guest in seating.

yes... that was the Lifestyle Holidays VIP section...open bar and food all night...mainly for the people who own a Lifestyles VIP package and I assume, prospective buyers...it appeared that they had chartered about 20 buses for the night.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
yes... that was the Lifestyle Holidays VIP section...open bar and food all night...mainly for the people who own a Lifestyles VIP package and I assume, prospective buyers...it appeared that they had chartered about 20 buses for the night.
Thanks David Z! it really looked 1st class, so hopefully it was as successful for them as the concert goers!!!:D

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Excellent event and gobs of people.
But no porta potties, did I mess them somewhere? Just like at the Jazz Fest, no facilities.
The rest was loads of fun.

We were at Jose's and used their restrooms.

Must concur, that was a great night and especially enjoyed the timing of the spectacular firework display.

I could not believe they were giving away free beer even to children?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
On Nov 1 the same sponsor is going to do another concert with a different band....don't you love it !

Se?or_Jimenez

Mar 2, 2006
Are Tribute bands those where old baby boomers play their guitars in the garage and act really stupid? I think my friends father heads one of them.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Are Tribute bands those where old baby boomers play their guitars in the garage and act really stupid? I think my friends father heads one of them.

Yes, it was me that gave you the neg rep.

Do me favor, keep out of the thread if that's the best you can do.

Next...

Once again, outstanding band and great sound quality, some of the best I have heard for an open air concert.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I am definitely looking forward to Novembers event...even though it is going to be very hard to top last weeks concert. Whatever band they have, after experiencing the first two events that Lifestyle Vacations have done, I am 100% sure it is going to be as good.
I am glad to hear that so many of you had as good a time as I did. So many people in both Cabarete and Sosua, (and I am sure much further afield), are still talking about it and many cannot remember a event as good as last weeks.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Yes, it was me that gave you the neg rep.

Do me favor, keep out of the thread if that's the best you can do.

Next...

Once again, outstanding band and great sound quality, some of the best I have heard for an open air concert.

As Pork Chop would say.......Yeah Baby !........the new catch phrase on the North Shore 1