Scuba Diving Lessons

yris

Jul 5, 2008
Hi all.

I just wanted to share with everyone the most amazing experience I recently had in the Dominican Republic. I had always wanted to try Scuba Diving but was always too nervous or didn't have the opportunity. I was sitting at an English bar in Sosua,the Rose and Thistle ( also a good place to eat and chat) and mentioned my desire to try diving. Joy the owner referred me to Hippocampo Dive centre in Cabarete and they basically changed my life. The owner Andrew Smith was very relaxed and so professional. He guided me through the first experience programme.It was absolutely incredible and his patience and knowledge made this a day I will never forget. The diving was all that I thought it was and more. I am Dutch and speak English but even when we had difficulty with some of the diving terms Andy had the patience to expain in a different way. I unfortunately did not have time to complete my full diving course but I shall return and finish it. I do not have a bad word to say about my time in the Dom Rep. Thge people are friendly and it is a beautiful place.I will be coming back and will tell everyone about this place.

elton

My thread snapped!
Jul 1, 2008
I wonder why she didnt recommend the excellent northern diving to you which is actually in Sosua- seems strange to recommend that you go to cabarete

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Since the OP was looking to try SCUBA, the actual first time experience is really dependent on the Instructor (not the locations) and it sounds like she had a great one!

She'll have plenty of time to explore all the underwater beauty the DR has to offer.

CONGRATS and don't hesitate to complete your programme!

Diving changed my life for the better and it will yours as well.

Pyratt
Certified Instructor Trainer for over 20 years