Boca Chica Problems

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Are there any other beaches close to Santo Domingo, possibly going the other direction towards the west.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Here's an idea. Continue east from Boca Chica another 10 - 15 min, go towards Juan Dolio when the highway continue to San Pedro, turn off to the right at one of the signboards pointing to Guayacanes, you're right on the beach.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Here's an idea. Continue east from Boca Chica another 10 - 15 min, go towards Juan Dolio when the highway continue to San Pedro, turn off to the right at one of the signboards pointing to Guayacanes, you're right on the beach.

Starting with post #62 are some pics of Guayacanes.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/66696-azbs-miguels-gayfest2007-part-1-2-a-4.html

Boca Chica is no where near as bad as the report makes it out to be. I have never seen busloads of women and children arriving in BC to prostitute themselves, ridiculous. As far as the police shake-up, that seems to happen in every city. Every town gets their turn at changing of the guards.

Quite a few investers think otherwise as there are a lot of construction projects going on in BC. Two or three new condos going up in BC and a couple more on the main road going to Andres. They seem to be marketing the European tourist as the condo prices are listed in Euros.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Quite a few investers think otherwise as there are a lot of construction projects going on in BC. Two or three new condos going up in BC and a couple more on the main road going to Andres.

Do you have pictures of one of these "construction projects"?
It always amazes me when this place gets presented as the new South Beach, while it makes Orchard Beach look like The French Riviera. Get real bigbird.

tambo'

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Do you have pictures of one of these "construction projects"?
It always amazes me when this place gets presented as the new South Beach, while it makes Orchard Beach look like The French Riviera. Get real bigbird.

tambo'
It's the Calcutta of the DR.
Anyone who thinks differently is blind or selling something.
Boca Chica's proximity to Santo Domingo is what condemns it forever.
It's a hop skip and a jump for the crooks, prostitutes, pickpockets, drug dealers, etc, to pop over there and ply their trade.
Even if BC sincerely tried to clean up, it wouldn't last long.
It is geographically screwed.
Half the friggin country lives in Santo Domingo and it's one big recruiting ground.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Guayacanes that's correct, the OP was asking for a beach not a beach full of tourists.

I'm well aware of the construction work going on, with any real interest in these condos they would have been finished ages ago. One thing most of these projects seem to have in common is they die when they are half done, the town is full of half cooked potatoes.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Sorry Rocky that was to bigbird, he didn't seem to like my idea of Guayacanes.

Sorry pal, I have nothing against your idea of Guayacanes. That is why I posted the link. I have never been to Guayacanes but from Miguel's report it is a place I would like to see one day.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I sometimes wonder what motivates people to post reviews of places they have never been to...It's kinda odd, ain't it?

tambo'

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
OK bigbird no worries, I just headed over to Guayacanes on the way back from San Pedro this morning.