charter question to canada from DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok gurus, I need your help for a friend.
First of all, what charter companies fly Canada, Quebec or Montrea from DR airportsl?
Is it possible to buy just the airfare instead of the whole hotel+meal package?
can you please give names and numbers for the companies.
Thanks in advance.
AZB

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
airline

Air Canada will fly Montreal to DR there are good prices right now I often get just the air fair

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Yes, it is possible to buy "air only" tickets.

Generally speaking, the tickets are purchased through the tour operator.

There is Skyservice Airlines, Air Transat and Sunwing Airlines.

There is also Westjet but I believe that they fly as a scheduled carrier to the DR (not sure if your friend wanted a charter airline specifically).

You could try the following websites

Sunwing.ca - Discount Travel, Vacation Packages, Last Minute Travel Deals, All Inclusive Vacations, Fly Cheap, Hotels, Resorts, Car Rentals
SellOffVacations.com - Guaranteed Lowest Price, Anytime You Travel. Mexico|Cuba|DR|Caribbean|Europe|Las Vegas
traveloutlet.ca
Signature Vacations - All Inclusive, Package Vacations, and Flights

Or you can google Signature Vacations, Nolitour or Sunquest (all Canadian tour operators.)

Dont know if your friend is aware that they generally only do 7 or 14 day tickets?

niagaraman

Jan 18, 2006
AZB...your question I think asks about flying from DR to Canada via a Canadian charter....

I don't know the circumstances for your friend...

but if he needs to get to Canada this is what he needs to do....find out when a charter flight is landing e.g POP...he can go to the charter rep. at POP, and if they have any seats available for the flight back to Canada he can purchase a ticket from them....air only....I know that can be done

drloca mentions the charter company's..

If I'm wrong with what I think you're asking..you can disregard my post;)

niagaraman

Jan 18, 2006
Also if your are asking about a sort of "reverse charter" like I think.....

send an e-mail to sunseekers@sunseekers.ca or call them at 1-888-760-9786,

explaining the situation....I use them exclusively for my travels especially for the DR, and they have always been very helpful

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
For sure you can book just the flight.

I don't even know if there are any AI packages to Canada.

I would try Air Canada or Air Transat.
aircanada.com - Welcome/Bienvenue!
Air Transat

You can check some prices here.
Untitled Document

It looks like some flights from the Dominican Republic to Canada are quite a bit more expensive then the same flights from Canada to the DR.
For example, on 7/12 Air Canada from Montreal to Puerto Plata for 1 week return is $722 and the same flights from the DR are $1129.
The 2 week prices are closer at $992 and $1129.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Westjet flies from Punta Cana, Puerto Plata to Toronto and Ottawa.
They would have to arrange another flight to either Montreal, QC or Quebec City, Quebec.

+1 888 751 4685 Toll free for the Dominican Republic.

Flight only - they sell meals and provide complimentary snacks and drinks.

WestJet - Low air fares and the best service across North America and to the Caribbean

I couldn't use the online Multi flight selection. You can see the airfare from DR to Toronto. And then check out the Toronto to Montreal. (45% off on Toronto to Montreal for 2 days only)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
For sure you can book just the flight.

I don't even know if there are any AI packages to Canada.

I would try Air Canada or Air Transat.
aircanada.com - Welcome/Bienvenue!
Air Transat

Untitled Document

It looks like some flights from the Dominican Republic to Canada are quite a bit more expensive then the same flights from Canada to the DR.
For example, on 7/12 Air Canada from Montreal to Puerto Plata for 1 week return is $722 and the same flights from the DR are $1129.

Here's the Air Canada numbers:
Punta Cana International Airport
Punta Cana
Tel: 809-519-7744
Fax: 809-959-3114
Reservations: (809) 541-2929
(809) 541 5151

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Comments about Air Canada and WestJet

Though not a charter in particular at this time of year, if you buy air only with Air Canada, it is stipulated that anybody flying from the DR must buy the return ticket as well. You don't mention that part of the equation and your needs. I suppose you needn't use it if you don't want it, but you may run into that difficulty and have to pay twice the price you'd like to pay if your friend was only looking for a one way flight.

My flight to the DR for last week cost $1000 return when I bought it in March, going from my city to Montreal and to PUJ from there. Had I booked in April the price would've been $700 (both prices include all taxes and extras). Of course that hurt, but I was okay with it since I was inflexible on dates and was happy to be able to have a ticket even for $1000. Without the connector that I had to add on, you could expect a price of $200 less. If booking from the DR means you pay extra, you may end up paying the same rates as I do.

I flew from YUL to PUJ on a Saturday and had scheduled my return for Sunday, a week later. Air Canada changed my itinerary weeks before my travel saying that they'd cancelled the PUJ - YUL flight on Sundays and directed me through Toronto. When checking in at the airport on Sunday morning, there was a window accepting those on the Montreal flight 90 minutes later. I don't know what that was about.

I notice that both WestJet and Air Canada announce their Wednesday sales mentioning international reductions, but that doesn't mean all of their destinations. They are currently offering their sales until the end of September. It may not benefit you to wait if you are interested in that time period. If you are interested in a flight after October 1, you may want to take your chances on an announced seat sale in a few weeks.

Kaki

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ok gurus, I need your help for a friend.
First of all, what charter companies fly Canada, Quebec or Montrea from DR airportsl?
Is it possible to buy just the airfare instead of the whole hotel+meal package?
can you please give names and numbers for the companies.
Thanks in advance.
AZB
To my knowledge, there are no AI packages from the DR to montreal. Call the Reps. of TMR or Air TRansat. If there has been cancellations or extra seats, they wil sell them for about US$400.00. Air Canada also sell charter and regular tickets. Of course the person must be a Canadian or US citizen or have a visa. A Dominican with a visa travelling the first time might have a problem on a charter flight.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am surprised my friend hasn't posted on this thread yet. She must be drinking yerba mate at her office or in colmado buying junk food.

She lives in santo domingo, canadian citizen (french- the bad canadians). She would like to travel to quebec from any airport in DR and back (round trip). Montreal would do it also as she could take a train from there to quebec.
Many of you good people have given good info but she needs details on how to book a flight from here as many tour operators don't like to sell from DR to canada. I wonder if one has to be at the airport when the flight is departing and try to get on the plane if there are empty seats available? Please lno google info, we need people with solid knowledge. People who know for fact that some trick can be pulled and works.
Thanks.
AZB

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
FYI.. Montreal is in the province of Quebec.

Yesterday someone posted that WestJet is now selling tickets origininating in the DR.

They are the most affordable way to go and fly to POP & PUJ every Saturday through the summer...not sure about Santo Domingo.

I would suggest starting with WestJet.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I am surprised my friend hasn't posted on this thread yet. She must be drinking yerba mate at her office or in colmado buying junk food.

She lives in santo domingo, canadian citizen (french- the bad canadians). She would like to travel to quebec from any airport in DR and back (round trip). Montreal would do it also as she could take a train from there to quebec.
Many of you good people have given good info but she needs details on how to book a flight from here as many tour operators don't like to sell from DR to canada. I wonder if one has to be at the airport when the flight is departing and try to get on the plane if there are empty seats available? Please lno google info, we need people with solid knowledge. People who know for fact that some trick can be pulled and works.
Thanks.
AZB
Untitled Document

I don't see why any tricks need to be pulled.

It looks like one can go to this website and simply enter the departing city and the destination and take a look at what is available on various dates.

Book it online and they will email the ticket.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
But but, the problem is, its too damn expensive. whatever happened to 400 dollars RT in charter planes?
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
FYI.. Montreal is in the province of Quebec.

Thanks for educating me, but I thought informed people knew I was talking about Montreal city and Quebec city. But I appreciate your concern. Thanks.
AZB

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Westjet is usually the cheapest.

On my last trip to POP, I met a man....
not a DDD, a man who lives in Santiago (Fr. Canadian). He was on the return flight to POP.

POP - Toronto - Quebec city (the capital of the province of Quebec)

Since Westjet flies to Montreal and Quebec, your friend has those options.

Status
Not open for further replies.