Microsoft Front Page Problem

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I've had this software for 3 years and now all of a sudden I can't get in. I get a screen that wants me to register my version; when I got this before I always clicked on Cancel and could getinto my files, not any more. The files are there I can see them.

I don't have the original CD because that's back in NY and so I can't register.

Any ways around this anyone knows about or had similar experience?

I use this program on an almost daily basis (or I should say I was using it) to upload newsletters that I write every few days.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Ro

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I thought Front Page was going the way of the Do-Do bird...

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'm goinig back to NY early August - can get it then - but by then I'll be so far behind I don't want to think about it.

And I know this program, am used to it, all my files are in it, so I don't want to try to use something else in the meantime. Used to have Dreamweaver, way too complicated for me and for what I do which is very simple - create web pages for my newsletter or change the information on a particular page.

Thanks anyhow. Hoping someone might have a creative way around.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You are better off posting this type of question on sites that deal with front page and offer support for it.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm goinig back to NY early August - can get it then - but by then I'll be so far behind I don't want to think about it.

And I know this program, am used to it, all my files are in it, so I don't want to try to use something else in the meantime. Used to have Dreamweaver, way too complicated for me and for what I do which is very simple - create web pages for my newsletter or change the information on a particular page.

Thanks anyhow. Hoping someone might have a creative way around.
I have the disc here to reinstall it.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I've had this software for 3 years and now all of a sudden I can't get in. I get a screen that wants me to register my version; when I got this before I always clicked on Cancel and could getinto my files, not any more. The files are there I can see them.

I don't have the original CD because that's back in NY and so I can't register.

Any ways around this anyone knows about or had similar experience?

I use this program on an almost daily basis (or I should say I was using it) to upload newsletters that I write every few days.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Ro
Marcos, PM our friend " web " he can help you next time he visit Rocky's bar.

JJ.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I had a similar notification about having to re-up with the original XP Professional discs...never did it...

Strange Big Brother watching us???

HB

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I had a similar notification about having to re-up with the original XP Professional discs...never did it...

HB
Happened to me just a couple of days ago, trying to open "Word" and had to put the disc in to "reload".
I think you're right.
Big Bro Bill Gates is watching over our shoulders, making sure he gets his dues.
Next time it happens, I'm going to back up the PC's date to find out if it's time related (built in expiry) or if Bill's coming in by the Net.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

HB

MS has most software coded so you get 50 FREE BEES from a "friend's" disc and then you need the registration number.....(which can be downloaded for FREE) shhhhhhhhhhh.....I never said that!

tambo'

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
MS has most software coded so you get 50 FREE BEES from a "friend's" disc and then you need the registration number.....(which can be downloaded for FREE) shhhhhhhhhhh.....I never said that!

tambo'
I've seen that too, the freebie thing, but I have the original disc with registration number and it periodically forces me to 'reload".

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Repartition your hard disk with two new partitions, load one of the Linux (free) distributions, load Open Office and away you go without Mr Gates and his desire for more and more money.

Se?or_Jimenez

Mar 2, 2006
The solution to this is quite simple. Download the program from the numerous torrent sites (ISOHUNT) and you're good to go.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I guess that someone should have mentioned that Ro picked up my disc yesterday and reinstalled and is now good to go.
Problem solved.