On how my Boyfriend got His Canada Visitors Visa..hope it helps!!!

elianaprojectctg

Jul 8, 2008
My boyfriends Canada Visitors Visa application

My Parents retired about 10 years ago and bought a home in Domincan republic..and while living there they met 15 year old who became their messenger/housekeeper/Gardener Boy..they grew to love him as a son and helped him through school and then helped him open a Cyber cafe..On one of my visits to my parents house..I met him and just fell in love and for the past 5 years we have been together...about 3 years ago..He tried to get a Tourist Visa for Canada and was denied because he didnt have sufficient ties to DR...
Last year my Mother was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and they doctors gave her a few months to live...One of her dying wish was to have My boyfriend go visit her and spend a few days with her for her 65th birthday August 2...so around June 1 we started the whole visa preparation...

We took to the interview in Santo domingo

Valid passport

his cedula

a Letter signed by my mothers doctor testifying my mother has terminal cancer and that he last wish was to spend her birthday with him

a copy of her birth certificate to prove her birthdate

photos throughout the years of all of us together to prove we had known eachother for over 10 years

A letter from my mother

A inviation for my moms birthday party

The tittle of His Cyber Cafe
Copies of His Bank statments of the last year..he has about 5 thousand us dollars in saving

his income taxes for the last 3 years...his average income is about 15 grand a year

a letter from his job at a major bank stating he had worked there for 3.5 years and had one week vacation

a Travel insurance policy which covered like 100 grand in medical expenses/medical evacutation

a Tittle to his apartment his is still paying

Tittle to his car he is still paying

He went to the interview...and they were quite serious yet friendly...and they looked at each document carefully..the interviewer would read something and then ask about.They wanted to know about how he met my parents..how long he had worked for them...the interview last about 20 minutes...
He was told to come back in a week to pick up his passport

We were quite worried cause they didnt give a answer or anything...when he went a week later..he was shocked to find it had been aproved and he got his visa for 6 months...
He only had asked for 7 days...

We are both so happy and my parents aswell...he has no intention of staying in Canada and will only stay for 10 days..but might return in 3 months since his visa is multiple entries.

Hope my report helps..any questions just ask

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
That's a very touching story. Wow, I'm so happy your mother will get her wish and I hope everything turns well for all of you. Stay strong.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
What a beautiful story, Happy and sad at the same time, wish you and your loved ones all the best!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
That is a very special story with a bitter-sweet twist.

I am pleased that your Mother's wish will come to fruition and I hope that you are able to make his travel arrangements soon.

I wish you all well and wonderful visit together.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I am very sorry to hear about your mother but if this is the sort of thing that is required in addition to all of his qualifications, I don't think this will be of much help for most people.

If he could get the visa without your mother's dying wish, the list of his qualifications would be useful information.

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
eliana,
Just wondering, it seemed like you only wanted him to visit once, did you apply for a single entry visa and they just granted it as multiple entry?

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
My boyfriends Canada Visitors Visa application

My Parents retired about 10 years ago and bought a home in Domincan republic..and while living there they met 15 year old who became their messenger/housekeeper/Gardener Boy..they grew to love him as a son and helped him through school and then helped him open a Cyber cafe..On one of my visits to my parents house..I met him and just fell in love and for the past 5 years we have been together...about 3 years ago..He tried to get a Tourist Visa for Canada and was denied because he didnt have sufficient ties to DR...
Last year my Mother was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and they doctors gave her a few months to live...One of her dying wish was to have My boyfriend go visit her and spend a few days with her for her 65th birthday August 2...so around June 1 we started the whole visa preparation...

We took to the interview in Santo domingo

Valid passport

his cedula

a Letter signed by my mothers doctor testifying my mother has terminal cancer and that he last wish was to spend her birthday with him

a copy of her birth certificate to prove her birthdate

photos throughout the years of all of us together to prove we had known eachother for over 10 years

A letter from my mother

A inviation for my moms birthday party

The tittle of His Cyber Cafe
Copies of His Bank statments of the last year..he has about 5 thousand us dollars in saving

his income taxes for the last 3 years...his average income is about 15 grand a year

a letter from his job at a major bank stating he had worked there for 3.5 years and had one week vacation

a Travel insurance policy which covered like 100 grand in medical expenses/medical evacutation

a Tittle to his apartment his is still paying

Tittle to his car he is still paying

He went to the interview...and they were quite serious yet friendly...and they looked at each document carefully..the interviewer would read something and then ask about.They wanted to know about how he met my parents..how long he had worked for them...the interview last about 20 minutes...
He was told to come back in a week to pick up his passport

We were quite worried cause they didnt give a answer or anything...when he went a week later..he was shocked to find it had been aproved and he got his visa for 6 months...
He only had asked for 7 days...

We are both so happy and my parents aswell...he has no intention of staying in Canada and will only stay for 10 days..but might return in 3 months since his visa is multiple entries.

Hope my report helps..any questions just ask

Beautiful Story!

elianaprojectctg

Jul 8, 2008
eliana,
Just wondering, it seemed like you only wanted him to visit once, did you apply for a single entry visa and they just granted it as multiple entry?
Yes Our Intention was to get a single entry visa,but my mother suggested since we were going through so much to get this visa that we might aswell apply for a multiple entry visa..and he got a 6 month multiple entry visa.He just left Canada a couple of weeks ago and were planning another visit before his visa expires in January 2009
He is hoping to Get a US Visa so he can transit there on his way to Canada..Flights are much cheaper than way.Plus it would be nice to do side trips to the USA.
His Visit really made my mother truly happy and he loved Canada too.I wish more people could bring their significant other on visitors visas..it makes way more sense to be able to explore eachothers world way before getting married.We certainly love eachother but arent really to Marry just yet.We will do this in the next two years though
Thanks for all the support!