Post Thanks / Like

Default Call Center Question

Good morning Everyone:

I hope you are all doing well.
    As I previously posted I am in the process of relocating to Dominican Republic with my family and I am currently researching employment opportunities as a Paralegal and with the US Embassy.

We are also looking to establish an inbound call center as supplemental income and I was wondering if anyone had any idea if this type of business is successful in Dominican Republic?

Thank you all as always for your input.

Rossana

Retired Ussername
    Post Thanks / Like

Call centers may be the fastest growing segment of the Free Zone industry in the DR. They keep coming, which usually means that they are doing well.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GringoCArlos View Post
    Call centers may be the fastest growing segment of the Free Zone industry in the DR. They keep coming, which usually means that they are doing well.

It's all about cheap labor!

However, you get what you pay for !

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Miami

Quote Originally Posted by mike l View Post
    It's all about cheap labor!

However, you get what you pay for !

Article the other day in I believe the Miami herald about call center business in the DR and the large number of American English speakers here, that also understand the US culture. IE the deportees, most of which due to being convicted of a felony would not be allowed to do the same job in the states.

if you knew you were talking to a former convict would you give him your social security number? This is what the people calling or being called don't know.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    Article the other day in I believe the Miami herald about call center business in the DR and the large number of American English speakers here, that also understand the US culture. IE the deportees, most of which due to being convicted of a felony would not be allowed to do the same job in the states.

if you knew you were talking to a former convict would you give him your social security number? This is what the people calling or being called don't know.

I could not agree more about sensitive info. I just added another line to my business, and Vonage Canada out sources this to the Phillipines and they require this same info.

I asked Vonage if they hire ex convicts that are Felons and they said no!

Most of the deportees work in call centers such as Cancall and Americall
    Last edited by AnnaC; 07-13-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: leave names out

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default deportees

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by mike l View Post
    I could not agree more about sensitive info. I just added another line to my business, and Vonage Canada out sources this to the Phillipines and they require this same info.

I asked Vonage if they hire ex convicts that are Felons and they said no!

Most of the deportees work in call centers such as Cancall and Americall

[/QUOTEd]
    They are working in pretty much all the call-centers. doing both inbound and outbound. like the word repatriated, sounds much better than deported. kind of like immigrant, instead of illegal alien
    Last edited by AnnaC; 07-13-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I run a call center and find the idea of having one "on the side" for "supplemental income" hilarious.

Also, unless you already have a contract locked in or are vertically integrated (you own the business the calls are coming on for) you are not going to open an "inbound" call center.

Other than that, its a great place to have a call center.