Call Center Question

ROSSANA17

Jun 28, 2008
Good morning Everyone:

I hope you are all doing well.
As I previously posted I am in the process of relocating to Dominican Republic with my family and I am currently researching employment opportunities as a Paralegal and with the US Embassy.

We are also looking to establish an inbound call center as supplemental income and I was wondering if anyone had any idea if this type of business is successful in Dominican Republic?

Thank you all as always for your input.

Rossana

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Call centers may be the fastest growing segment of the Free Zone industry in the DR. They keep coming, which usually means that they are doing well.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Miami

It's all about cheap labor!

However, you get what you pay for !

Article the other day in I believe the Miami herald about call center business in the DR and the large number of American English speakers here, that also understand the US culture. IE the deportees, most of which due to being convicted of a felony would not be allowed to do the same job in the states.

if you knew you were talking to a former convict would you give him your social security number? This is what the people calling or being called don't know.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Article the other day in I believe the Miami herald about call center business in the DR and the large number of American English speakers here, that also understand the US culture. IE the deportees, most of which due to being convicted of a felony would not be allowed to do the same job in the states.

if you knew you were talking to a former convict would you give him your social security number? This is what the people calling or being called don't know.

I could not agree more about sensitive info. I just added another line to my business, and Vonage Canada out sources this to the Phillipines and they require this same info.

I asked Vonage if they hire ex convicts that are Felons and they said no!

Most of the deportees work in call centers such as Cancall and Americall

Last edited by a moderator:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
deportees

I could not agree more about sensitive info. I just added another line to my business, and Vonage Canada out sources this to the Phillipines and they require this same info.

I asked Vonage if they hire ex convicts that are Felons and they said no!

Most of the deportees work in call centers such as Cancall and Americall

[/QUOTEd]

They are working in pretty much all the call-centers. doing both inbound and outbound. like the word repatriated, sounds much better than deported. kind of like immigrant, instead of illegal alien

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I run a call center and find the idea of having one "on the side" for "supplemental income" hilarious.

Also, unless you already have a contract locked in or are vertically integrated (you own the business the calls are coming on for) you are not going to open an "inbound" call center.

Other than that, its a great place to have a call center.