Any news about plan 809?

capitandanny

Jan 1, 2008
I was using the plan until the problem with Codetel. Does anybody has any news about the resolution?? Or is using another company?

capitandanny

Jan 1, 2008
My mistake, I thought that this forum was familiar with this. DGTEC has been offering a local number in Santo domingo with a forward to the US, Canada and other countries (Plan809). However there is a problem between Codetel and DGTEC. I just try another company: llamamucho.com and was just checking if the problem has been resolve or not before I purchase the plan with llamamucho and forget about DGTEC. This is an unlimited plan and I was saving a lot before the problem.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I've been using Skype for the past 6 weeks which basically offers the same servive and while we had a blip twice (had to do with Skype updateds and not the DR phone) in the past two weeks but otherwise the calls and quality are awesome.

I purchased a DR number for $18 for 3 months and then $2.95 per month to have my calls forwarded to any phone in the US.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I've been using Skype for the past 6 weeks which basically offers the same servive and while we had a blip twice (had to do with Skype updateds and not the DR phone) in the past two weeks but otherwise the calls and quality are awesome.

I purchased a DR number for $18 for 3 months and then $2.95 per month to have my calls forwarded to any phone in the US.[/QUOTE

Please, can I get they phone number or web-site? thanks.

RAK

Jul 10, 2008
Update On Plan 809

I called their offices yesterday (1-877-752-6809) and was explained that they will be asigning all of us a new 809 number starting next week. They have been working around their "issue" with Codetel and now have a solution. I was asked to give them till Tuesday to call me with a new number and that the time I have been with out the service will be compensated with extension of my end date (which makes sense, they can not return $$$ to all of their clients).

Give them another week to contact you. After a month with out the service what is a week? I really hope the laws in the Dominican Republic prevail and that the big fish (Codetel) does not end up eating the little fish (DGTEC). The only way we can prevent Codetel from having a monopoly is by supporting companies that are trying to make it out there, lake DGTEC.

Hope this helps... :classic:

drodrig

Jul 11, 2008
So far I am happy with the llamamucho.com service. I will recomend to buy the monthly plan just in case there is any additional problem at DR. Make sure that you try before you purchase. The two numbers is a plus.

drodrig

Jul 11, 2008
Again

I just hear that Codetel block the DGphone. Que abuso!! Does anybody has anymore information?

RAK

Jul 10, 2008
I have been having problems with the new assigned number and called them. Apparentlly they once again went to court with Codetel regarding the blocking of that new service DGPHONE. I was told to go to their website and download the program for dgphone (www.dgphone.com), put my new phone number as user and put a password they gave me. I am to keep this new program always on so that hte program works... It looks just like a Skype. Call them and they will give you your password.

Castillo138

Dec 27, 2007
I have a alternate method I've been using for a little while similar to the 809 plan and it works pretty well. Even cheaper but the same thing. Send me a message to castillo138@yahoo.com and I will give you all the details.