A`sad case, tears running down :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Here is a sad case I saw yesterday. A guy in a American fast food chain, accompanied by a family of Dominicans. Mind you, they were no classy folks: an older woman who looked like a maid, her 2 big kids, her mom or aunt and a cousin (maybe her chulo) and of course the pendejo gringo. He maybe American or European. He was attempting to speak Spanish and desperately trying to be funny. The Dominican family orders food and he ends up paying 1000 + pesos. Now here is the kicker: as soon as they got the meal, the whole Dominican barrio family went to the table and took every single chair, leaving no room for the poor gringo to sit. He was compelled to sit on another table all by himself. At this point the Dominican guy who was with them, offered to make room for him to sit with them. To my surprise the girlfriend (house maid looking woman) said ?leave him there, he is ok with that?.?
So to make the long story short, the pariguayo (gringo) was left to sit all by himself and while the family ate together on the other table.
Guys, if you are going to be suckers and spend money on her family, why not make sure she is a stunner? I mean, getting treated by a woman who is old, has gown up kids and looks like a maid who scrubs floor at some home in las Colinas. I mean, are people this desperate that they would settle for anything and anyone who they meet on this island? The guy was fairly young but no classy guy either. He looked like a plumber at best. I still think he could have done a lot better for himself in Santiago.
AZB

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
That's the problem with many gringo/dominicana relationships. He lost the ability to say NO and demand respect. I bet this guy is footing the bill for everything, while they are getting a good laugh.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Here is a sad case I saw yesterday. A guy in a American fast food chain, accompanied by a family of Dominicans. Mind you, they were no classy folks: an older woman who looked like a maid, her 2 big kids, her mom or aunt and a cousin (maybe her chulo) and of course the pendejo gringo. He maybe American or European. He was attempting to speak Spanish and desperately trying to be funny. The Dominican family orders food and he ends up paying 1000 + pesos. Now here is the kicker: as soon as they got the meal, the whole Dominican barrio family went to the table and took every single chair, leaving no room for the poor gringo to sit. He was compelled to sit on another table all by himself. At this point the Dominican guy who was with them, offered to make room for him to sit with them. To my surprise the girlfriend (house maid looking woman) said ?leave him there, he is ok with that?.?
So to make the long story short, the pariguayo (gringo) was left to sit all by himself and while the family ate together on the other table.
Guys, if you are going to be suckers and spend money on her family, why not make sure she is a stunner? I mean, getting treated by a woman who is old, has gown up kids and looks like a maid who scrubs floor at some home in las Colinas. I mean, are people this desperate that they would settle for anything and anyone who they meet on this island? The guy was fairly young but no classy guy either. He looked like a plumber at best. I still think he could have done a lot better for himself in Santiago.
AZB

I know those type of case, she most be a "Suizera", he most be from switzerland, those Swiss guys are very Pariguayo and they are usually old.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I think some guys are really not in touch with the opposite sex in north america. these guys come here with very low self esteem. they treat women (even women who are from ghettos) with utmost respect and honor, more than these women are used to in their lives. they treat these women as thou they are sacred goddesses who should only be reserved for gods. Obviously these ghetto women think of the gringo as a born-again fool and threat him accordingly. When I see these guys walking hand in hand with a grillo (ugly ghetto girl), I can only feel sorry for them. I am sure he hasn't even dated a girl back home in the past 3 years. Sad sad sad.
So when you hear stories of guys getting ripped off by the barrio girls. I say, they all deserve it.
AZB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I think AZB will some day be walking down the streets with a 'grillo' from Nibaje or any other ghetto of Santiago, he'll be madly in love and he'll be buying her and her extended family combo meals from burger king too, with a few cases of presidentes. :D:D:D:D:D 'porque el que escupe para arriba en la cara le cae la saliva'............................i'm being funny by the way. :) i think...:confused:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This guy must be a big spender if he took the whole family to a fast food place.

What are you doing in a junk food place AZB? Eating with all those low life barrio people, I'm shocked.:cross-eye

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I think some guys are really not in touch with the opposite sex in north america. these guys come here with very low self esteem. they treat women (even women who are from ghettos) with utmost respect and honor, more than these women are used to in their lives. they treat these women as thou they are sacred goddesses who should only be reserved for gods. Obviously these ghetto women think of the gringo as a born-again fool and threat him accordingly. When I see these guys walking hand in hand with a grillo (ugly ghetto girl), I can only feel sorry for them. I am sure he hasn't even dated a girl back home in the past 3 years. Sad sad sad.
So when you hear stories of guys getting ripped off by the barrio girls. I say, they all deserve it.
AZB

I'm amaze how smart those Dominican barrio girls are, how they trick those poor gringos, and the Sanky Panky are very smart too.

A movie should be film about how the Sanky Panky, Barrios girls and boys of the DR deceive gringos, just like the movie Nueba yol for Dominican. Just a thought!!!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I'm amaze how smart those Dominican barrio girls are, how they trick those poor gringos, and the Sanky Panky are very smart too.

A movie should be film about how the Sanky Panky, Barrios girls and boys of the DR deceive gringos, just like the movie Nueba yol for Dominican. Just a thought!!!

Sanky Panky (2007)

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Just another thought here, Barrios are not the same as Ghettos, in every Barrio in Santiago you will find, poor, middle class and rich people living also Black, White, Mulato Dominicans.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This guy must be a big spender if he took the whole family to a fast food place.

What are you doing in a junk food place AZB? Eating with all those low life barrio people, I'm shocked.:cross-eye

Low life barrio people cannot afford to eat in American Fast Food chains here, hence the gringo paying the bill. You'll be surprised at the line of Mercs and BMW's at Wendy's on a Friday night here in Santo Domingo.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Even though wife's family are poor people from Moca, I can unequivocably say that they have never treated me like this, nor would they ever. The Dominicans in the OP's example are low class, and I'm not talking about money.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I know those type of case, she most be a "Suizera", he most be from switzerland, those Swiss guys are very Pariguayo and they are usually old.

Not true, you will find young and old pariguayo's here and from many different countries. The one thing they usually have in common, is they are white, are clueless about the DR and laughed at by most middle class and up Dominicans.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just another thought here, Barrios are not the same as Ghettos, in every Barrio in Santiago you will find, poor, middle class and rich people living also Black, White, Mulato Dominicans.

I agree with you that barrios are not the same as ghettos, but how do you define rich people? Those that live in Naco, Piantini or on Av. Anacaona?

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
You are right SKY, i completely forgot about that movie, very funny indeed, they should show it in every teather in the U.S, Canada and Europe.

I have suggested many times on here that the movie Sanky panky be shown on flights headed to the DR resorts :eek:

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I agree with you that barrios are not the same as ghettos, but how do you define rich people? Those that live in Naco, Piantini or on Av. Anacaona?

I know people living in Barrios as rich as people living in Naco, Piantini or on Av. Anacaona. Some people just LOVE their barrios live no matter how rich they are.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I see the same thing here in NY.. When the husband and wife are shopping, the male is critiziced by the female about everything and he doesn't say anything ! It's quite funny and sad at the same time..

But it's even sadder that a gringo with a chopa can't seem to demand respect in DR ! What a shame !!!

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
some of these guys purposely stand out in a crowd because they like causing attention. They will attempt to make jokes and when they speak,they do so with an accent. People around will stare and laugh. He feels happy because he think he's funny, but in reality but are just like " what a fool"

From a different point of view:

This guy may not be as popular back home and may not have many friends. He visits DR and he not only has a novia, but has many friends through her family. Even if he realizes that he is being a sucker, he may feel that he is receiving much more in return. very sad...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
From a different point of view:

This guy may not be as popular back home and may not have many friends. He visits DR and he not only has a novia, but has many friends through her family. Even if he realizes that he is being a sucker, he may feel that he is receiving much more in return. very sad...

Good point. From that perspective he is coming out ahead. I think this is a good thing then and part of what makes this world go round. If there weren't people like this we would probably all look the same and have the same culture, etc - very boring.

Nonetheless, this still doesn't take away from what this Dominican family did. If I was with some Dominicans and we witnessed this, they would be saying a few dichos about the family for making this guy sit by himself. There is a real standard of how guests are supposed to be treated here, and what they did is a shame.

FYI, I have met many an many poor people in the barrios and the campo who would give me their own plate of food and the shirt off their back if they could, therefore this is not at all indicative of normal behavior in the DR, even among the poorest of the poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.