Looking for a song

EnclineDesigns

Aug 21, 2007
web.mac.com
Okay, this is probably a shot in the dark but I have been all over youtube, itunes and google trying to find a song that is played all the time in DR to no avail. I don't know the name of the song nor the artist but in the chorus of the song it repeats, vete....vete. LOL I know that doesn't help much but if any of you have some ideas, could you let me know and I'll look them up to see if it is the song I'm looking for.

Thanks!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
try including what genre this song belong or what instruments played...something to help us decipher or take an educated guess. first song that came to my mind was
Vete y Pega La Vuelta by Pimpinela....though it is not dominican, i have heard a bachata version of this song! hope that helps...

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
found it in bachata form:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IK5W7kUD3Ac&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IK5W7kUD3Ac&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I used to love that song when it came out in the 80's, actually i still like it.

EnclineDesigns

Aug 21, 2007
web.mac.com
try including what genre this song belong or what instruments played...something to help us decipher or take an educated guess. first song that came to my mind was
Vete y Pega La Vuelta by Pimpinela....though it is not dominican, i have heard a bachata version of this song! hope that helps...

Sorry, I meant to include that, just forgot. I think it was merengue but I'm not 100% sure. It was a pretty fast paced song.

Thanks again!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Educate me here, is this song by Antony Santos considered bachata?

I thought this was a new song, it's not? Did he just redo it?

Antony Santos aka El Mayimbe released this bachata in 2007 as a single. It was later released on an album, "No Nos Vamos A Olvidar". PM me your e mail if you need the MP3!

tambo'

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
yes this is a bachata....
Antony Santos sings both merengues and bachatas, im not sure if this song was made in a merengue format....he is one of the best [if not the best] bachateros out there, love his style and music especially in the mid/late 90's....awesome

bachatony1

Aug 8, 2008
Is this the song that starts in Bachata and switches to Merengue and then back to bachata? If so I've been looking for this song for ever!!. It starts with "Ay, amor, has destrozado mi vida, has dejado una herida, muy dificil de cerrar. I had it a long time ago and then lost it. Please tell me this is the same song!