Imported liquor.

CBogaert

Oct 29, 2007
Was wondering if anybody can point me in the direction of a good shop that sells imported beer/liquor. Been itching to add to my usual drinking repertoire of presidente, brugal, johnny walker, presidente, brugal, johnny walker; and any tips of where to start off this journey would be appreciated.

Oh for more specifics, I'm currently looking to find some german brews, some darker beers guiness et al, some brandy that is not made from jerez ( what the heck is jerez anyway? ), and some absinthe ( long shot but meh, the search for the green fairy is eternal ).

CBogaert

Oct 29, 2007
oh ya, very important fact that I forgot to mention. More liquor is sure to help me overcome my forgetfulness... I'm in Santo Domingo, Bella Vista area to be more exact.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i feel like a kid in a candy store every time i go down the booze aisle in most supermarkets. in some of the smaller supemarkets in SD have found some dusty bottles of pretty uncommon liquers, most locals don't know what the stuff is so they don't buy it, or can't afford it. that's a start.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am wondering which of the Bogaert family you belong to: Eddie?, Luis Mauricio? Of course they would be your grandfathers....

There are some good liquor stores there in Santo Domingo. Ask the people at Marcas Premium about that __Andy Brandt...

HB

CBogaert

Oct 29, 2007
I'm a long lost member of the Bogaert clan ; ). I believe Eddie was a cousin of my grandfather, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for the tip on Marcas Premium, will look them up and see what they have. As for supermarkets, well I generally get depressed whenever I go to one so I've never really taken the time to browse all that thoroughly; will do so next time I'm there.

Place I had in mind for this was epicurius in acropolis, but sadly I saw that they closed down a bit ago.

Any other informed suggestions are welcome, so keep them coming s'il vous plait.