Are real estate investments really beneficial?

hemsly

Jun 3, 2008
My Regards to the community, I am working in a private firm and really want to secure my future by doing some investments as I can?t be so dependent on my current job forever for all my basic needs. . Can somebody help me, to make me decide that where should I invest my money to get long term profits?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
My Regards to the community, I am working in a private firm and really want to secure my future by doing some investments as I can?t be so dependent on my current job forever for all my basic needs. . Can somebody help me, to make me decide that where should I invest my money to get long term profits?

Why would you go to a message board and ask for advise about investing money? Don't be surprised if some one pm's you and tells you that they have a great way of investing your money and the returns will be unbelievable. Don't do it. Go to a financail planner with a good history.

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Why would you go to a message board and ask for advise about investing money? Don't be surprised if some one pm's you and tells you that they have a great way of investing your money and the returns will be unbelievable. Don't do it. Go to a financail planner with a good history.

Even financial planners with a good history, seem to be getting
it wrong these days.

Be Lucky..

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Just buy GOLD on the next sell off!

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Divirsification is paramount so if you ever need cash and one market is up while another is down you simply sell high and buy low

Some Real estate along with stocks or mutual funds is they way to go for long term.

Although the market is down at the moment some buying opportunities already exist.

How was that Tambo?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Divirsification is paramount so if you ever need cash and one market is up while another is down you simply sell high and buy low

Now I see what I have been doing wrong, I have been doing it the other way around for the past 10 years!

tambo'

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Now I see what I have been doing wrong, I have been doing it the other way around for the past 10 years!

tambo'

Glad I was able to help.

On the commodity side I tend to stick with agricutures and limit my risk in Precious metals.

The Energy run is also fun.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007

Investing in RE is beneficial in this country. But only if you did not make a mistake in the very beginning like overpaying or picking a wrong location. If you were smart and experienced enough to avoid these pitfalls and you deal with reputable lawyers like Guzman, Perdomo and some others - you should be OK. If you made a mistake like this - there is nothing you can do later to correct it and to avoid a loss.

Just to remember that the probability of a detrimental mistake in this country is much higher than in the States due to lack of MLS and institutionalized corruption on all levels.

Of my connects some make money on DR RE, some lose (mostly younger clientelle, who are less patient).

Good luck in this beautiful island!!

agentyumi

Sep 4, 2008
Whatever your choice of investment it is important to do some research before embarking on a new venture, consider all the options and pit falls that you may come up against, property investment in a developed country is a safe bet for the long term provided it is the right property in the right location, but you could also get a good short term investment in a country that is less developed.