Does anyone know this restaurant in Cabarete????

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
The restaurant is called 7:36p.m. and seems to be in ProCab area. The advertisement on other Cabarete web-site indicates it is only opened on Thursday nights.
I have never heard of this place but am always looking for new ones.
If you know it please give us a review....;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The restaurant is called 7:36p.m. and seems to be in ProCab area. The advertisement on other Cabarete web-site indicates it is only opened on Thursday nights.
I have never heard of this place but am always looking for new ones.
If you know it please give us a review....;)
Let me guess.
It opens on Thursdays at 7:36 PM?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This one I do not know, but if you want a really good restaurant at very reasonable prices in Pro Cab, go to Ali s Surf Camp.

They now have one of the best German chefs on the North Coast. Try the Churrasco.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
7:36 is in a private home..it's basically reservation only. It is prixe-fixe..I believe 1100 pesos p/p..which includes apps to dessert... the food, service and ambiance are amazing!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
7:36 is in a private home..it's basically reservation only. It is prixe-fixe..I believe 1100 pesos p/p..which includes apps to dessert... the food, service and ambiance are amazing!

That sounds pretty exclusive.. is that right that it is only open on a Thursday night? What type of menu do they offer? Sounds like somewhere to reserve for a really special occasion so would love to know more please.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I believe it is open to the public on Thursday nights, other nights by reservation only...and you don't have to show up at 7:36! ;) It is definitely an awesome place for special occasions...especially when you reserve the whole place. I believe the minimum is 8 or 10 people. It's a set menu and the only way I can think to describe it is Fusion Gourmet? If you're taking the whole place I believe you can request what you'd like on the menu.

Dinner is served outside in the "backyard" of a very nice house in pro-cab... there's a large pool, a bar, lots of comfy chairs and bean bags that float!

Other semi-private "restaurants" that are worth checking out are Blue Moon and Castle Club...they are both about 15-20 minutes outside of Cabarete on the Moca/Jamao Rd. They both offer excellent food and incredible views...if you go, be sure to be there for sunset....

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
If we're talking about the same place, it's Giulia, formerly of Vento's in Cabarete, who is putting it on. Great location, nice spot for a group. I haven't tried the food yet, but if it's Guilia, you know it has to be good.

Cheers!

Joe

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try Chez Cheo at the end of the street next to Supermercado Janet. Argentinean(?) beef and stuff....

HB

Caz

May 15, 2004
We went to Chez Cheo with great expectations from the menu at the gate - but indoors all they offered us was burgers and fast food! So disappointed!
Caz

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thanks

Thank you for responding to my question, the place sounds great, we will try it.

:bunny:There is also one other restaurant we wish to try it is right next door to Janet's and it is a sports bar that a couple we know from Cabarete East (Sherri) opened after we left last year. What they were planning sounded great so we are eager to try it.

mike.n.amy

Jun 4, 2007
Four of us ate at Chez Cheo the night of the U2 concert. Fantastic view, good service, and good food. The menu at the bottom of the stairs didn't seem to be the same one you're given up top in the restaurant, but we can say the Gorgonzola pasta was superb, the Chicken Cordon Bleu was good, and the Dorada and Sea Bass were excellent.

Lots more to try, but each week we knock off at least one more restaurant on the list! :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Are you kidding me?? I can't believe that! (Not that I doubt your word, it just seems insane!!)
Please let me know when this happened...D@mn!!

HB, disappointed...

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Poor Start

Went to their opening and once after and doubt I'll go back. Sorry to say.

elton

My thread snapped!
Jul 1, 2008
i had been thinking of trying it...but it doesnt sound like a good option at the moment

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Chez Cheo... usually a new restaurant in Cabarete opens and everyone knows about it, tries it, and talks about it.

There's been very little buzz & seemingly little or no promotion of the fact the place even exists. And they've been open a looooong time now.

I can't get my friends interested in even trying it - and we're out at least two or more nights a week dining in Cabarete.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thinking of trying Embocca when we go to Cabarete next Friday - any up to date reviews on that restaurant would be much appreciated.

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Guiliana has the restaurant with the name 7.36 pm, this is on the end of Pro Cab, Into the house where Onno lives also, on the outsite from the house, you see a big sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.