Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My thread snapped!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pool supplies-sosua/cabarete

anyone any idea on the best place for pool supplies on price (tablets and chlorine powder ect) it seems to vary widely from week to week in the one i use, is this normal - i tried writing down to compare

the same tub of powder week one rd 750 week two rd 1350 does it vary that much-but tablet price went down rd 750 to rd 510 - perhaps it depends what price is in the price gun at the time

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chlorine in Sosua

We buy tri cloro at the hardware store in front of police station in Sosua for 75 pesos per pound and find it to be as economical as anywhere. If someone has a cheaper price plz advise. Pool supply places around here seem to be popping up like pimples in puberty, so there must be a good mark-up on supplies.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently there are differences in the quality of the products. We get our pucks and chemicals from the American Pool store right next to the post office in Sosua. We have found the quality of the products surpasses that of other local products.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You can save a lot of money if you go to Puerta Plata. The same things you are getting in Sosua is a lot cheaper.

The place I am talking about is on the road towards Santiago about 2 km after the turn on your left. It is set back at a large intersection. Sort of a semi circle. I do not know the name, but you will save a lot, and get good products.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sky could you be more detailed in where this store is in POP and its name? thanks Phil

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
    Sky could you be more detailed in where this store is in POP and its name? thanks Phil
    The name I do not know. Coming from Sosua you turn at the circle where the Baseball Stadium is towards the left in the direction of Santiago. Continue about 2 or 3km. You will come to a circle where the street is coming up from the Malecon. At this circle turn left and you will see it about 15 meters back from the street. It is rather large and hard to miss. Just be aware for a circle with a lot of traffic and you cannot miss it. Go slow.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Suplidora Internacional Freddy

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    The name I do not know. Coming from Sosua you turn at the circle where the Baseball Stadium is towards the left in the direction of Santiago. Continue about 2 or 3km. You will come to a circle where the street is coming up from the Malecon. At this circle turn left and you will see it about 15 meters back from the street. It is rather large and hard to miss. Just be aware for a circle with a lot of traffic and you cannot miss it. Go slow.
    Also in the International Plaza (Ceducompp) in Sos˙a.

809-571 4142

Speaks English too.

At the Pro Source Sos˙a (next to Post Office) 15 pucks for RD$540 Soon moving to new location next to Jumbo.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post
    Also in the International Plaza (Ceducompp) in Sos˙a.

809-571 4142

Speaks English too.

At the Pro Source Sos˙a (next to Post Office) 15 pucks for RD$540 Soon moving to new location next to Jumbo.
    This is not the place I recommended. You will pay more here than in PP.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's a Puck

How much is a puck? I don't know what a 'puck' is plz.

Mr. Chunky Skin
    Post Thanks / Like

A chlorine tablet roughly the size of a hockey puck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast