Message for Roncomp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
We are on holiday in Playa Dorada first two weeks in September and now feel we would like to get married when we are there.
Unfortunately it could not involve the Roman Catholic Church, but we need to have a religious rather than a civil ceremony, we are both Church of Scotland but would would welcome any suggestions or alternatives you could offer.We hope to hear from you soon
Thank you Ron and Norah

End Quote

Sorry Ron & Norah, your request for help got pushed aside when that particular thread was closed. Rick Snyder is no longer with us unfortunately & that thread was thought to have passed away with him obviously. :speechles

Getting a RELIGIOUS wedding is likely to be a bit difficult here due to time constraints (your holiday limitation of two weeks) & the fact that MOST churches here are Roman Catholic. Perhaps your best bet would be to contact the British Consul here in Puerto Plata & ask him the questions. Alternatively you could enquire of the British Embassy (Consular section) in Santo Domingo.

Have you discussed this need with the Travel Agent you booked through? They normally have wedding co-ordinators who might be able to make a few suggestions! :knockedou

Drop me a PM if no-one else has any better suggestions for you & I'll dig out names & e-mail/Tel No,s for you. ~ Grahame.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I saw the old thread had been closed (for obvious reasons to us that know) and sent Ron and Norah a PM as I was slightly concerned that they may not understand and just think that no-one was being friendly towards them. Let's hope they now feel more welcomed to DR1.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I read the original thread in posted in 2005, but in my personal experience this is not an issue here in the DR. I married my wife in the DR in 2000 and a protestant(pentecostal) pastor presided over the ceremony. We also had the town official, Dr. Guzman, from Moca there as a witness.

BTW, I'm Catholic, but other than that the Catholic Church had no say whatsoever over the marriage ceremony.

Also, in the event you are interested in having an Episcopal pastor preside over the wedding, there are quite a few here on the island. Here are a few examples with a link to the yellow pages following:

Iglesia Episcopal Dominicana
12 No 18 A Rosa, Santo Domingo
(809) 596-5196

Iglesia Episcopal Dominicana
Santiago 114, Santo Domingo
(809) 687-9259

Iglesia Episcopal Cristo Redentor
Las Amapolas 2, Puerto Plata
(809) 586-3327

Iglesia Episcopal Cristo Redentor
S?nchez, Puerto Plata
(809) 586-6575