Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My thread snapped!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tubagua- has it reopened

has this place re-opened or am i looking at a really old advert Tubagua Plantation Village Retreat

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not know if it is opened, but if you go to Cafe Cito near Playa Dorada you can ask Tim himself.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elton View Post
    has this place re-opened or am i looking at a really old advert Tubagua Plantation Village Retreat
    It is open and from what I hear, really quite nice.

My thread snapped!
    Post Thanks / Like

cor blimey the responses are getting quick round 'ere

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For Sure

It's open, and as said, you can ask Tim. Spent many a wonderful weekend there and ain't been disappointed. Haven't seen the website however, but it's probably under construction. Best breezes and view anywhere on the N. Coast.
    PM for details, he's not an advertiser here.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had a horrible experience there. Tim had one of the missionaries staying there arrested at immigration on bogus charges. It was a mess, lot's of money spent on lawers and all for nothing. Love the resort but use extra caution with the rain and our group had many accidents, some serious.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Even Missionaries

Even missionaries have to pay their bills. Bouncing a check is a criminal offense here. Thus, the rest........

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tflea View Post
    Even missionaries have to pay their bills. Bouncing a check is a criminal offense here. Thus, the rest........
    Well THAT is fairly explicit tflea & if that is the reason for the arrest then I have no doubt that it was justified. I have known Tim for some 14 years. I worked with him for 6 months & have supported him wherever possible on his other duties. In ALL that time I have NEVER known him have someone arrested on a 'bogus' charge. I am confident that there must have been a VERY good reason for Tim to have a person arrested.

The other insinuations re lack of care for clients safety make me wonder a bit about the 'self care' &/or alcoholic intake of those guests at the time the 'accidents' occurred! ~ Grahame.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The person being accused of having someone arrested on bogus charges is a 26 year resident of Puerto Plata, who, for 21 of those 26 years has been & still is, handling Canadian Consular matters. I think it can be safely assumed that he knows the law here better than most since he frequently helps Canadian citizens who have fallen foul of it. He has also served as director of the International Committee of the local Rotary Club, is a founder of the Puerto Plata Strategic Planning Office and in 2008 he received the Mayor of Puerto Plata's Distinguished Citizen award in recognition of his service to the community.

I would therefore advise prudence before making such accusations. I hope this thread doesn't go downhill and I would like to request that the Moderator leaves it open. If I discover further material substantive to enlightenment I will post it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Involved

I was one of the members in the group with the "Tim troubles". It was all truly unfortunate and would have never happened had due care been taken to ensure our safety and comfort. We are not trying to cause trouble and we hope Tim takes what he learns from this and is more careful with future guests. As for the slipping and falling, it was purely due to the conditions at the resort. There was no excessive drinking involved whatsoever. I respect Tim's reputation in the community and his many titles, but our one and only experience with him is all we have to go on and it was not pleasant. I also want everyone to remember who the courts sided with... twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast