tubagua- has it reopened

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I do not know if it is opened, but if you go to Cafe Cito near Playa Dorada you can ask Tim himself.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
For Sure

It's open, and as said, you can ask Tim. Spent many a wonderful weekend there and ain't been disappointed. Haven't seen the website however, but it's probably under construction. Best breezes and view anywhere on the N. Coast.
PM for details, he's not an advertiser here.

disciplemckie

Feb 16, 2004
www.dovemissions.com
Just had a horrible experience there. Tim had one of the missionaries staying there arrested at immigration on bogus charges. It was a mess, lot's of money spent on lawers and all for nothing. Love the resort but use extra caution with the rain and our group had many accidents, some serious.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Even Missionaries

Even missionaries have to pay their bills. Bouncing a check is a criminal offense here. Thus, the rest........

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Even missionaries have to pay their bills. Bouncing a check is a criminal offense here. Thus, the rest........
Well THAT is fairly explicit tflea & if that is the reason for the arrest then I have no doubt that it was justified. I have known Tim for some 14 years. I worked with him for 6 months & have supported him wherever possible on his other duties. In ALL that time I have NEVER known him have someone arrested on a 'bogus' charge. I am confident that there must have been a VERY good reason for Tim to have a person arrested.

The other insinuations re lack of care for clients safety make me wonder a bit about the 'self care' &/or alcoholic intake of those guests at the time the 'accidents' occurred! :ermm: ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The person being accused of having someone arrested on bogus charges is a 26 year resident of Puerto Plata, who, for 21 of those 26 years has been & still is, handling Canadian Consular matters. I think it can be safely assumed that he knows the law here better than most since he frequently helps Canadian citizens who have fallen foul of it. He has also served as director of the International Committee of the local Rotary Club, is a founder of the Puerto Plata Strategic Planning Office and in 2008 he received the Mayor of Puerto Plata's Distinguished Citizen award in recognition of his service to the community.

I would therefore advise prudence before making such accusations. I hope this thread doesn't go downhill and I would like to request that the Moderator leaves it open. If I discover further material substantive to enlightenment I will post it.

drmissionary

Mar 28, 2009
Involved

I was one of the members in the group with the "Tim troubles". It was all truly unfortunate and would have never happened had due care been taken to ensure our safety and comfort. We are not trying to cause trouble and we hope Tim takes what he learns from this and is more careful with future guests. As for the slipping and falling, it was purely due to the conditions at the resort. There was no excessive drinking involved whatsoever. I respect Tim's reputation in the community and his many titles, but our one and only experience with him is all we have to go on and it was not pleasant. I also want everyone to remember who the courts sided with... twice.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
It was all truly unfortunate and would have never happened had due care been taken to ensure our safety and comfort.

As was said in another thread....this is NOT the US....nobody here is going to hold your hand and make sure you don't fall on the way to your room!

As for the slipping and falling, it was purely due to the conditions at the resort.

No, it was purely due to the conditions of the weather!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Can we please continue the discussion on the main thread in the Travel Forum? This is an old thread that was apparently revived for the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.