Where to stay arround Bani.

Ciacia

Nov 13, 2007
Thanks, Ciacia. Any info on that hotel (a web site, phone number, info on quality, prices and so forth)?

Thanks! ... J-D.

Sorry about that....the phone number is 809-522-3871. There is no website that I know of. There aren't many hotels to choose from in Bani. This one is centrally located and well reguarded by locals. My friends stay there whenever in Bani.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Thanks Ciacia.

So, we did go to Bani and found some hotels:

Hotel CARIBANI is on the NW corner of the main park (topped by the catedral).
The address thus is: Hotel Caribani, Calle Sanchez No. 12 (Oeste), BANI.
RD. PH: 809-522 3871 (e-mail: orencio2@hotmail.com).
Prices are RD$ 1200 per person.
Rooms are simple, somewhat "oldish", with private bath, cable TV and some AC (others have ceiling vents). I forgot to ask if breakfast was included... but there is a restaurant in the same building.
Parking is out on the street and allegedly guarded during night time by a watchie (a guard)

Hotel ALBA in just on block South of the SW corner of the same main park.
The address is: Hotel Comedor Alba, Calle Pres. Billini No. 13, BANI, RD.
PH: 809-522 3590.
Prices range from RD$ 800 to 1000 (I forgot to ask if that's per person or room and if breakfast was included, but there is a sandwich bar in the building which does wonders.)
Rooms are somewhat simpler than Hotel Caribani and some come with up to 4 beds with ceiling vents, TV and mosquito nets over the beds.
Parking is out on the street and it's narrow.

There is a third hotel on the way out of Bani on the West end. I did not stop there, even thou some tigueres tried to tell me it was ***** (yes, FIVE stars! :D).

The parking issue (we came with a fancy looking vehicle... but that's another story) made us chose a different option:
On the highway East of Bani towards San Cristobal-Santo Domingo, about 5 to 10 km's East off Bani, we found Cabanas LA TENTACION.
Address: Caretera Sanchez, Km 6, PAYA-BANI, RD.
The cabanas, while looking similar to the ones in Santo Domingo and Santiago from the OUTSIDE, are fairly simpler inside but of cleaner appearance than the hotels, hot water works and is plentiful, so is the AC and they boast large king size beds. Together with secure parking (individual grarages) and the better price (about RD$ 1500 per room and night [24hr]) this was our "logical" choice.

... J-D.

Last edited: