New School (K-12), COLEGIO CHILDREN'S WORLD, opening in Sosua

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
You need to take out an ad if you plan to promote your school on DR1.

Last edited by a moderator:

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Moderator's Decision to Remove School Information from the Living Forum

In response to your decision to remove my information from the Living Forum, I would like to share with you the following points:

1. I am in NO way connected with the Colegio Children's World School / Project. It is NOT my school. I am not a backer, director/principal, teacher, or staff member. Simply an interested community member.

2. As a retired educator who for years worked with alternative high schools within the public school systems, I applaud all efforts to provide new schools with new ideas, filled with motivated teachers who are willing to experiment and try new concepts as well as using traditional learning methods.

3. It was my aim to share this new school with others. Daily on DR1 we share information on hotels, restaurants, name dentists, name doctors, provide telephone numbers, name schools, cars.. the list goes on. That's what is wonderful about this forum. I regularly seach for information here as well as praise and post from time to time.

4. I am sorry that you perceived the limited information I presented as an advertisement. I know only what I have been told and could not even tell you the exact location of the school.

5. Lastly, it pleases me to know that you are not sitting at the desk of the President of the United States with the RED TELEPHONE at your fingertips. Having said all of this, I will continue to rely on your contributors for helpful, informative, and entertaining commentary.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
FYI:Its located on the dirt road (lane )directly past the Bavarian butcher going to Sosua.

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
I am very interested in any information anyone may have on this school. They don't seem to have a website and I've been having a tough time getting info on it. Does anyone know if it is an accredited international school?

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I don't believe that it is accredited by US standards. I think that the only one that is, is the International School in La Mulata. Children's World, from my experience with my son going there, seems to be a pretty good school. I know that the administrator works very, very hard to have a quality school. Any issues or questions you may have are addressed immediately. Education down here is not like the States. Having said that, I believe that Children's World gives a child a decent education for a fair price. If you'd like to pm me I can give you some more information.