Wanted: English Teacher in Jarabacoa

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The Colegio Nuestra Senora de la Altagracia in Jarabacoa needs an English teacher for the coming school term.

This is a fine school run by great, dedicated folks (in habits; in fact, Alida's aunt is a nun who taught there for many years). It has been a technical school for girls, but are integrating boys into the program (I think they're in the 6th grade now). Girls graduate with a specialization in either accounting or computers, besides a rigorous general academic cirriculum.

PM me for info on how to contact them.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The Colegio Nuestra Senora de la Altagracia in Jarabacoa needs an English teacher for the coming school term.
It might help any would be ENGLISH applicants to know which subjects are required CB!

Oooops, being in your new vogue language you might have meant 'A teacher for English language lessons' or 'a teacher of English language studies'. :knockedou :cool: Dang this modern way of writing - I'll never get used to it!! :confused: :rolleyes: ~ Grahame

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I would imagine it is for an ESL (Engine as a Second Language) Teacher. What are they paying - Catholic schools are famous for under paying. My wife went there for high school.

Last edited:

kjgeorge

Aug 12, 2008
Hello:
I am an English/Language Arts teacher in the USA and am moving to the DR in September or sooner. Three years experience with secondary students and am interested in the position, if still available.
Send info, email address or phone for contact information.

Ken

S

sokitoumi

I'm trying to learn Spanish and I now realise that you need to know English first.....I know what a subjuctive is now anyway

I hope you check for the right credentials- a lot of people think they know how to teach English just because they can speak it - in a fashion

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hello:
I am an English/Language Arts teacher in the USA and am moving to the DR in September or sooner. Three years experience with secondary students and am interested in the position, if still available.
Send info, email address or phone for contact information.

Ken
Please send a Private Message to the OP.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
I would imagine it is for an ESL (Engine as a Second Language) Teacher. What are they paying - Catholic schools are famous for under paying. My wife went there for high school.

I don't know what this school is paying, but Delores has been offered $300 USD per month as a full time high school teacher in Jarabacoa. She is certified and has over 30 years experience.

Marilyn Baade

Mar 11, 2004
Info on ESL in Jarabacoa

I'm interested in knowing more about this position. Could you send me more information?

Marilyn

mrc1330

Aug 11, 2007
Interested

I'm also interested in this position. I am still in college, but naturally fluent in both English and Spanish, have taught before. Presently i am an accounting clerk for the largest Japanase restaurant Corporation in the US.