What is the best Hotel in Boca Chica

csgt99

Aug 12, 2008
El Candil is a place you can't go wrong with. I have stayed there several times.
Good food, beer, small family store outside the gate to stock your apt and they don't blink an eye when you have guest.

julian337

Aug 12, 2008
El Candil is good to go. I was there in July friendly staff and guest friendly. As long as the guest has i.d. A/C in apartments with wifi and massage available across the street next to the little convenient store.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Both hotel are adequate. However the Costalunga has "interesting" floorplans. I was considering a long term rent at the Costalunga.

DS

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I gotta vote for Candil over Costalunga for various reasons. Its just nicer. Costalunga is adequate and cheaper tho. If you choose Costalunga just be sure to ask for a room NOT facing the street as the motos can get kind of loud.

Candil just has more charm and a higher quality of service (no offence to miguel at costalunga...he's awesome)

Even tho Candil is about 10 bucks more a night...they give you free airport transportation...so that saves you 20 bucks each way right there. You just have to make sure to ASK for the free transport.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Kitchenette-?

Are there rooms with kitchenette in any of them? I never stayed in Castalunga. In El Candil I stayed several times in small rooms on the first floor and they did not have kitchenettes at that time ( several years ago, with Piettori and Juiseppe)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Are there rooms with kitchenette in any of them? I never stayed in Castalunga. In El Candil I stayed several times in small rooms on the first floor and they did not have kitchenettes at that time ( several years ago, with Piettori and Juiseppe)

yes...all of the rooms on the upper floors have kitchenets. (you might have to ask them to change the propane tho). the rooms on the ground floors are listed as studios (with no ac). The ones that are listed as 1 brs all have AC and kitchens.

Enjoy..its really nice for a small hotel.

Reactions: AnnaC and AK74

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
yes...all of the rooms on the upper floors have kitchenets. (you might have to ask them to change the propane tho). the rooms on the ground floors are listed as studios (with no ac). The ones that are listed as 1 brs all have AC and kitchens.

Enjoy..its really nice for a small hotel.

How much new owners charge for long stay? One month?

sawsky

Jan 12, 2007
we paid 2000.oo for the 2 bdrm.for a month and paying 2000.00 for 6 weeks for the new i bdrm but there are others,that are cheaper, email them they,ll gve you price,there cool people love em

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
we paid 2000.oo for the 2 bdrm.for a month and paying 2000.00 for 6 weeks for the new i bdrm but there are others,that are cheaper, email them they,ll gve you price,there cool people love em

Any one heard of places with more affordable monthly rates in Boca Chika? Not $2 000 US.

sawsky

Jan 12, 2007
we were quoted. 1595.00 u.s last year for a 1 bdrm.i think that still stands,the more expensive 1 is on the newer side.we.ll give the new 1 a try this year,talked too some people that had it last year when we were there and they liked it so why not.

Reactions: AK74

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
we were quoted. 1595.00 u.s last year for a 1 bdrm.i think that still stands,the more expensive 1 is on the newer side.we.ll give the new 1 a try this year,talked too some people that had it last year when we were there and they liked it so why not.

$1600 US/month for a one-bedroom in Boca-Chika! OMG!!!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
what is the town next to Boca Chica? Andres? i have seen apartments there go for like $700USD, granted in a loud part of town....this was May last year though, dont know if that interests anybody, about a 12 minute drive from Boca Chica through back roads....

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
what is the town next to Boca Chica? Andres? i have seen apartments there go for like $700USD, granted in a loud part of town....this was May last year though, dont know if that interests anybody, about a 12 minute drive from Boca Chica through back roads....

WOW! In Andres!

In clean, safe, "expensive" Sosua a big one -bedroom right on the beach in top-notch high tech condition appt I rent for $900 a month including 24 hours security , inside parking and private pool.. A good solid average appartment is easy to rent for $300-$500.

Thank you for sharing the info folks.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I recommend CostaLUnga and El Candil for very good accomodations for around 45 a night. Hotel Europa used to be good. I don't recommend Hotel Azurra I believe that is what it is called though it is next to the beach. I don't like the rooms there. This was a 2 part question and I have stayed at Residence Los Pinos many times but haven't been there in a couple of years: ac, lock box in room, kitchenette but rooms vary a little so check them out and back then since I went there so often was 30 dollars a night for me. Right across from CostaLunga and should be about 35 a night now. Owner is Luciano (italian) and Roberto used to handle all emails. Had nice staff there but don't know if they are still around: Pepe (older italian with dominican wife and child as well and used him to drive me around in Santo Domingo at times) and guard Aquiles?/his son sometimes works there as well. Been there about a dozen times between 2002-2006. Mainly 1 bedroom units but a few 2 bedrooms as well. About a 5 minute walk to the beach. Pretty quite there and girl friendly if that is what anyone seeks. Most places you can email and negotiate rates with them. 2000 a month is very steep for BC. A moderate place like Los Pinos shouldn't run over 900 a month and has AC. Anything you need to know, stop by La Playa Vista and Peter and Fleming are more than happy to fill you in on the latest news in BC.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
I was in Boca Chica recently and stayed at the mango hotel, it is owned by a nice italian guy named mario , they have rooms there with a very nice pool and the surroundings around the pool are really nice during the day when the sun is out . they have a guy who speaks english ther , his name is John and he can help you with almost anything and every situation possible that can occur there . they have 24 hour service there for food and drinks which I especially liked . there rooms are as follows for 29.00 us you can get a room with cable and a fan and small refrigerator in your room for snaks and sandwiches etc. then for 34.00 you can get a similar room with air conditioning, then the efficency are better and have cooking facilties and are bigger in size and have two beds. they go I think for around 45.00 and 50 with air . I think you can negotiate with mario if he knows you , listen it might be a little more then say costa lunga but to me the pool area is much nicer although costa lungas is a little bigger , there never seems to be anyone there and they close the pool area early as the mango if your cool can take a little dip before you hit the sack :) . anyway I think it is worth checking out . I mean there are a lot of differneces between the costa lunga and mango , both are great, mango also offers free to and from airport service for pickup and drop off