Finding books in English in Santiago...

muchachablanca

Aug 18, 2007
www.myspace.com
I'm wondering if the public library here has books in English or if there are any bookstores here that offer English options? And seeing how unGodly expensive it is to mail anything here, I left home without my books and am eager to start reading again! Thnx in advance for any help...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have a few hundred books, at least a few of which you might like to read.
Send me a PM with your contact info and we'll talk....
There are a few, mighty few, titles in English in the bookstore at Supermercado Nacional, second floor
There are titles at the Dominico-Americano
And there is my house!! LOL

HB

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
we should initiate some sort of english book swap in santiago.
i'm needing some new reads, too.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ever hear of PM? No, not THAT pm(s), the other PM = Private Message. A service of DR1. You click on my name, click on Send Hillbilly a PM, then you type in what you want or need to know..and we communicate, privately, details that are not wise to air out here, in public...okay>>??

HB

readmylips

Aug 17, 2007
I have a question in debate which country in Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic introduce the mofogo or the mangu, In what country it came from? let's be serious about this.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
readmylips: THis is not the thread for your question.

Go start your own thread on an appropriate section of DR1, if you want. You are hijacking another thread and that is a NO NO on any site...

HB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I have someone who will be sending me some books in english, she quoted me 100 books, if anyone is interestd in swapping books for a spanish books please do so, or children's book I am available, til the 24th of August, I haven't received the books yet but hopefully soon. I am collecting books for a library I am planning, so PM me.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
I have someone who will be sending me some books in english, she quoted me 100 books, if anyone is interestd in swapping books for a spanish books please do so, or children's book I am available, til the 24th of August, I haven't received the books yet but hopefully soon. I am collecting books for a library I am planning, so PM me.

where will the library be??

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
where will the library be??

In the country side, but I won't have much use for the books in english so I am willing to swap, but i won't be here for much longer.

but i will probably will have someone who can be in charge of those books in english.

been drinking, so sorry for the spelling errors.:ermm: