first post

BLzabub

May 15, 2008
This being my first post I will start off by saying ?Hello all?. I have been lurking in the background for the last couple of months, just reading various postings and trying to gather info on the possibility of maybe retiring in the DR as opposed to the Dominican.(see I have been reading)
After reading these posts I now think that maybe the best thing for me is just to visit from time to time.I guess I just kinda liked the idea of golfing all year round as opposed to only getting in 100-125 rounds a year in.
I will be staying at the Victoria Golf Resort July 26 to Aug 3 This will be my second trip to the DR as I was there this past Feb. So my question is would any of the golfers here recommend my making a trip to Santiago to golf the course there? I am hoping to golf as many different courses on the North Coast as I can.
This is my 3rd year golfing and am only a 17 handicapper so every course will be a challenge
Thank you

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Welcome to DR1!!!

If I'm not mistaken Chip also golfs in Santiago.

Shoot him a pm.

It seems as if you've changed your mind about retiring to the DR-any reason why? I have seen houses and apartments that you can purchase as a retirement home that have golf courses right on the premises. I was wondering if you've given that any thought.

Post a thread in the Real Estate section-I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction or send Robert the owner of this site a pm.

I wouldn't make the decision not to retire in the DR just from reading DR1!! Its' supposed to have the opposite effect!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

Last edited:

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Make sure to play the Playa Grande Course on the North Coast. They say it is the Pebble Beach of the DR, and they are right! I understand you can arrange from your resort in Playa Dorado a package deal w/ transport & golf using their shuttle. (1 1/2 hr. ride) I've heard that the price is quite reasonable given the transportation part. Unless you are renting a car, this would provide you and maybe your guest an opportunity to see the north coastal drive with it small towns such as Sosua, Cabarette, Rio San Juan Etc...
Two of the many great challenges you mention in your post for this course is one the views, and two, the scorecard will not even be thought of! Play it, you will enjoy!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I live just 8 minutes from Victoria Resort (& the course obviously) & am happy for an excuse to play at ..........
Playa Dorada,
Playa Grande AND
even take a trip to see the Old Man of Santiago ............. HB.

Feel free to PM me so as to make initial contact & see how we can get you to at least the above three courses! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I live just 8 minutes from Victoria Resort (& the course obviously) & am happy for an excuse to play at ..........
Playa Dorada,
Playa Grande AND
even take a trip to see the Old Man of Santiago ............. HB.

Feel free to PM me so as to make initial contact & see how we can get you to at least the above three courses! ~ Grahame.

Not heard anything from you BLzabub - is the interest to play these courses still there?

Have car, have clubs, will travel!! ~ Grahame.

BLzabub

May 15, 2008
Thank you to those who resonded to my post. Bushbaby I have PMed you and if all goes well I am looking foreward to meeting and golfing with you