Cabarete Hotel/Night Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltigre

Mar 23, 2008
I plan on staying in Cabarete a few nights soon, can someone recommend a clean, safe girl friendly hotel and some cool night spots on the beach?
Thanks

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Hotel Kaoba, Viva Tiana are 2. I hope my spelling is right. There are a few others, but I think these are the safest. There's not as many hotels now as before Their being turned into condos or torn down and condo's built.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
pretty much all the hotels on the above website are guset friendly, except the Viva Wyndham Tangerine.

The best nightspots are all next to each other on the beach (unless you want to be a little adventurous). It starts at Lax and goes just past Onno's.

elton

My thread snapped!
Jul 1, 2008
hehe I like the guset friendly lol...I always do that typo when I type guest

eltigre

Mar 23, 2008
break ins/safety

I have read several reports of break ins in the Cabarete area, in condo rentals.. I will be at Hotel Cita de Sol, should I be concerned in this hotel??

Thanks

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I have read several reports of break ins in the Cabarete area, in condo rentals.. I will be at Hotel Cita de Sol, should I be concerned in this hotel??

Thanks

No...just don't leave any valuables out...especially if you may be bringing new "friends" back to your room. put *everything* in the safe when you leave...this is true of any travel, IMO, better safe than sorry. But for the record, there hasn't been much talk lately of any major breakins and anytime Ive heard stories about this it hasn't been at hotels...and Cita del Sol is more of a hotel than a residence.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I have stayed there many times and the security is very good.

I'd amend to say the security is decent. If nothing's changed in the last year, they have one guard at the front who occasionally walks to the back. The back of the hotel is (was?) easily accessible to the little Dominican neighborhood behind the hotel. Please correct me if they've taken steps to limit access from that neighborhood or the swamp area.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I'd amend to say the security is decent. If nothing's changed in the last year, they have one guard at the front who occasionally walks to the back. The back of the hotel is (was?) easily accessible to the little Dominican neighborhood behind the hotel. Please correct me if they've taken steps to limit access from that neighborhood or the swamp area.

They do not need any security. HAs stay there and no local will fool with these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.