Hi!

Bob P

Jul 18, 2008
Good morning all, I just found this forum a few days ago and I have been lurking and trying to absorb all the great information!

I have one question: I went back to last year's postings but could not find anything about Club Med Punta Cana. I do know that it is pretty close to the airport so taxi fares will be relatively cheap from PUJ. My family and I are going there in a few months and I wondered if anyone had any tips on what we should or should not do/see/know!!!

Thanks so much,
Bob P

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
First off, welcome!

Club Med is actually THE closest hotel to the airport. They just finished opening up a new section and invested big bucks in improvements. I personally haven't been back in since they finished but it must be pretty impressive. Regarding a taxi, I would recommend you ask them directly if they can coordinate that for you and how much it would cost. They have Rios Tours that have permanently based units there and it would be less stressful to know that they'll be waiting for you than to start haggling with the public taxis.

As to what you should or should not see, all depends on what you're looking for. 5 minutes away you've got Puntacana Ranch where you can go horseback riding on the beach and I can promise you you'll have a great time (although I am a bit biased since I used to be the Manager, I can promise you that it's a cut above the rest in the area). In Club Med itself you've got a lot of daily activities to chose from, so like I said, all depends on what you're looking for.

Bob P

Jul 18, 2008
Thanks, Kate! I knew it was close but I didn't know it was THAT close!

We're just looking for a chillout time, so horseback riding on the beach certainly falls into that category. I know it's easy never to leave the property at Club Med, but that might be worth venturing out for!

Bob

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Walking distance from Club Med are the Punta Cana Ecological Foundation water holes. Well worth a visit. They offer guided visits. Well worth taking a morning to do this visit. The Punta Cana Ecological Foundation also has a bee farm and worm farm that are worth a visit as part of this trip. Contact them at puntacana.com

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Bob,
welcome to the best bord to gather info in case of travels to the dominican republic. and the 2 prior posting ladies told ya all. nearest to the airport and Club Med will arange your pick up, just drop them a call or e-mail prior to your arrival.
the ecological park of the neighboured Punta Cana Resort& Club is unique over here and always worth a vist, also the mentioned horses, i love riding myself, and not to forget that the Punta Cana Marina hold's the best sportfishing fleet on the coast, not only because i am with my yachts located there myself.
have a blast on our wonderful island
Mike