liquidation for full-time household staff

DR_Life

Feb 28, 2008
okay folks I DID search the numerous liquidation threads but can't find this particular case...

If one is liquidating a full-time (not live-in) maid who has been working for you for a year, what is entailed exactly? Do I have to get special forms? I know about the Regalia and vacation pay pro-rate, but is there anything else? She actually only has agreed to work to the end of this month and we have a somewhat mutual agreement that she needs to leave for competing family obligations. We want to do the right thing, but also don't want to be foolish.
Thanks!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The law establishes you pay her 14 days vacation time and her Christmas bonus (one month wage). Anything extra, would just be extra. This is if she was only working for a family, and not paid by a company, or doing work at an office. Others can confirm this. I understand, though, that there are certain areas in the country, such as Casa de Campo, where it has become general practice to pay full severance payment, such as if the person worked in a company. Check to see what is the practice with your neighbors.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
So, basically..............

DOMESTIC help does not fall under the law for liquidation................

DR_Life

Feb 28, 2008
Thanks...we don't live in Casa del Campo;)

You've given me everything I need to proceed.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if i understood it right it is the lady who decided to stop working for you, you did not fire her. if you pay her the above mentioned regalia and non taken yeraly vacations would be a nice deal for her, just fair.
Mike