Matilda's loss...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Many of you may have known that our friend Matilda's beloved pup, Natasha, which she bred, developed a lump on her head about a week ago. I am very sorry to report that, sadly, Natasha died yesterday whilst undergoing an operation by the vet to remove what turned out to be a malignant tumour. We, as animal lovers, feel tremendous loss and pain when we lose a 'doggy friend' but its always so much worse when they are just vibrant youngsters and companions one day and then gone forever. Hugs from me xxxx

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thanks for letting us know whirley!

Matilda...I am so sorry that this was the outcome, I had truly hoped it would be different. Thinking of you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Was this pup family to Missy HB and Jarabacoa Cobraboy?

Nasty stuff, even animals succumb. Sorry it happened no matter how.

HB

elton

My thread snapped!
Jul 1, 2008
this may cheer you up possibly

rexskippy3ICON_800x567.jpg

elton

My thread snapped!
Jul 1, 2008
its a secret message about kangeroos - mr matilda needed a photo to do a carving (this one looks a little more like a rat)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
apologies if I sound a bit sour but this thread was posted to ease Matilda's pain - please respect it.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thank you all. It is still very sad. Yes Hillbilly it was Missy and Toby's sister, but the vet assured me it was very rare and he has never seen a tumour like it. Offered to bring me the tumour to keep which I graciously declined!!

Thanks for all your thoughts. Elton thank you for the picture of the kangaroo - if you really want one carved like that then Mr Matilda will oblige - but as you say it looks more like a rat than a kangaroo!!!

Natasha is being missed dreadfully not only by me but also by her mum and dad who are constantly still looking for her, but she had a great life for 4 months and was full of life right up to when I took her for what was supposed to be the simple removal of a fibrous lump due to a wasp sting!!! Dominican vets rule OK!

Thanks again

a sad Matilda

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That is so sad. You'll understand if I don't tell Toby. 4 months old. Wow. As attached as we are to Toby, I can't even imagine...:cry:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Matilda;

That is such a sad loss. I lost a 3 month old puppy Thursday. A friend had given her to me Sunday to keep my 18 month old male dog company. She wrapped me around her paw immediately and got along great with my little tough guy Jack Russel mestizo.

Around 3:30 Thusday morning she started crying and it quickly progressed until she went into a seizure and died.

Only dog people can understand the emptiness.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Matilda's loss

Being a dog person, and having lost "my boy", last September here in the DR, I wanted to express my sincere condolences on your loss. There will always be a special place in your heart and I am sure heaven for her.