Embocca - no response...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Despite not getting a response from DR1ers regarding Embocca, we decided to take the recommendation of friends and try out Embocca last night. What a refreshing and delightful experience it was.... definitely not the cheapest place to eat and drink in Cabarete but very special IMHO. To be a little over critical, I would suggest some additions to the atmosphere but the quality of the food could not be faulted. I will never have too much to drink there though as it would be very easy to end up in water!! Having said that they really do deserve more customers so hope everyone will try it out soon.

Last edited:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I've not eaten out there but once when they first opened.

It is a nice location, though... even during the day. I was out there last Sunday around noon & it's a very relaxing atmosphere.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Hi

I ate there recently for lunch and while pricey, well worth it. The food, the service, the presentation was excellent. They had a goat cheese salad for 400 RD and a steak for 500 RD. For the difference I ordered the steak and it was the best I've had in the DR and maybe anywhere for a long time.

I'm told their meat comes from Argentina - and if so, good choice.

I loved the idea that you could use the beach, the pool, and then come in and have a meal.

Regards
Ro