Help....Personal or Dominican Holding Corp???

travelingraysgirl

Apr 25, 2008
Need to know which is the best way to register land when purchasing property in the Dominican. The condo we are purchasing is $100,000us. I have been wracking my brain trying to decide with the info. I do have.

Please for all those foreigners that have purchased in the Dominican around $100,000 what did you do as far as choosing to own it personally or as a Dominican Holding Corp.(incorporated). Please tell me what you chose and why. I am torn and from what I have read I am seriously considering going personal as it will be exempt from annual property taxes and there will be no need to for annual maintenance in a personal holding but corporately there would be. I do know that personally we will have to pay the transfer tax.

Also, considering long term rental to foreigners for reasonable. With that said how does renting work as a personal owner and then as a corporation? How do the taxes work for each?

If you have answers to any of the above please respond as I have to decide by Monday.

Thank you for your help.
travelingraysgirl

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I see no-one responded & you are coming up to your deadline. Might I suggest you look in the Legal Forum for the pros and cons - I'm fairly certain it has been covered there. We've done both - put first house on a CporA and second one, which we built, in our names. But in each case we were living in these homes, not renting them out. Income is taxed in the DR - income from rentals should be declared.

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
We did the DR Corp. At the time, of concern to us was the inheritance issue that is avoided by being a corporate entity and the legal liability...but none of our condo friends did it this way. Corp. pay an annual property tax . Personal pay when they sell.

travelingraysgirl

Apr 25, 2008
Thank you for your responses

Thank you for responding. I appreciate both your input. We have decided to do this in our names as opposed to a corporation. The convenience of not filing every year was a big plus for us, especially with a condo at the $100,000us mark where taxes are not required.

Thank you again for your help.

travelingraysgirl