Honeymoon help needed

jarnold2532

Jul 20, 2008
Hello All! My fiance and I are going to Punta Cana for our honeymoon in October 2009. We are having some difficulties deciding between the Excellence Punta Cana and the Paradisus (sp?) Resort. Can anyone provide and pros/cons of either? We are currently leaning towards excellence; however, I heard that it is quite far away from EVERYTHING. Any idea how far away? Your help is much appreciated!!

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
have stayed at the paradisus and it is nice i would recommend it. have not stayed at excellence but i'm sure it is nice too. if you google both places and get a tripadvisor report you can find others opinions or someone more familiar can steer you in the right direction. happy honeymoon, congrats and have fun in the DR!!!

asp44

Jan 22, 2008
Hope I don't confuse matters for you even more but Moon Palace is opening in Punta Cana at the end of this year I believe. I stayed in the Moon Palace in Cancun and it was absolutely out of this world. Maybe worth a look for your honeymoon.

jarnold2532

Jul 20, 2008
I went to the Moon Palace's website, but could not tell if it is all-inclusive...

Hope I don't confuse matters for you even more but Moon Palace is opening in Punta Cana at the end of this year I believe. I stayed in the Moon Palace in Cancun and it was absolutely out of this world. Maybe worth a look for your honeymoon.

All of the links are broken at the website, so trying to get information off of there was like pulling teeth. Any ideas?

Thank You as well for the heads up on this one, it looks really nice!

jarnold2532

Jul 20, 2008
I am idiot, I found the info on another thread in this forum..

All of the links are broken at the website, so trying to get information off of there was like pulling teeth. Any ideas?

Thank You as well for the heads up on this one, it looks really nice!

Since my eyes are now open to another resort (Moon Palace), does anyone have any ideas of the superior all inclusive? Since another poster opened my eyes that The Excellence is so remote, I am kinda hesitant to go there. We are basically looking for the nicest Honeymoon spot in Punta Cana.

Thank You all for your help in making this trip truly memorable!

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Since my eyes are now open to another resort (Moon Palace), does anyone have any ideas of the superior all inclusive? Since another poster opened my eyes that The Excellence is so remote, I am kinda hesitant to go there. We are basically looking for the nicest Honeymoon spot in Punta Cana.

Thank You all for your help in making this trip truly memorable!

The nicest .. is Secret Excellence, remote though.

DRBLDR

May 2, 2008
excellence is adult only, no children running around, my wife and I have stayed there several times and never have been disappointed.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Jarnold,
forget about the moon palace.
you will visit october 2008,
til now nothing is open, not near to be finished, yet.
the real opening dte is far from now and for your honeymoon anyways i assume a half finished resort would not be the perfect start in the 'new life'.
the excellence is a top AI adults only resort,
i would assume a week of honeymoon will not need the big bunch of off-resort activities, so just perfect.
the paradisus Palma Real(there is also a paradisus punta cana nearby, different property) would also be a top choice, in my own opinion with the better(calmer) beach.
both are top spots much over the moon palace if open anyways
have fun
and congrats
Mike

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
I spend my honeymoon at Secrets Excellent now the Secrets Punta cana. I would hightly recomende the area it's remote but really private and the beach it's beautiful the restaurants are all great make sure you get the horse back riding tour and the dinner at the beach (not include) and try to stay at the building with the pool behind it's great.

Sanation

May 21, 2007
We have heard nothing but great stories about Secrets. It has been recommended to us by several wealthy Dominicans. We are planning to head there for our next long weekend escape from Santo Domingo.