Save fuel? - Hydrogen injection systems for cars, trucks and generators.

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
HHO also known as hydrogen generators for cars, trucks and gensets are gaining popularity in the US & Canada. Fuels savings range from 10-28%.
Simple installation, units range in size according to engine size. Via electrolysis, distilled water is broken down to hydrogen/oxygen and injected to combustion cylinders, connected the air intake, powered by battery/alternator. No hydrogen storage, on demand production only. The HHO system works with gasoline, diesel and LPG converted engines.

With the skyrocketing fuel prices these systems are being examined/tested/installed by a lot of people. US government DOES NOT approve them...YET.

Would be a great fuel saver for diesel generators (domestic/commercial).

Did a DR1 member installed one of these units in his car?
Please post test results and types of units used, thanks.

Georgios

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Unless the Laws of Thermodynamics get repealed, prolly not happening. The amount of amperage to generate enough HHO to actually partially power even a small vehicle is enormous, prolly well more than 1000A.

I have a heavy duty alternator in my big V-8 van. It's 80A. Theoretically, I COULD hook a big invertor, prolly more than 3.6kw to my HD battery, but a 1000+A draw would drain it fast, and I have no idea how to keep it charged.

There is no energy "free lunch".

Last edited:

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
HHO links

Unless the Laws of Thermodynamics get repealed, prolly not happening. The amount of amperage to generate enough HHO to actually partially power even a small vehicle is enormous, prolly well more than 1000A.

I have a heavy duty alternator in my big V-8 van. It's 80A. Theoretically, I COULD hook a big invertor, prolly more than 3.6kw to my HD battery, but a 1000+A draw would drain it fast, and I have no idea how to keep it charged.

There is no energy "free lunch".

I was reffering to these products, click links below

Hydrogen-Boost

SaveFuel.ca Supplemental Hydrogen Car Products

8-15A needed.

Georgios

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
As Cobraboy said, the amount of energy required to produce hidrogen is extremely hig so, if you don't have a cheap supply of electricity the hidrogen will cost more than the savings. If you use your engine to electrolithichally part H2O and than burn again the hidrogen in your engine you will use more gasoline to do so and loose some thermal energy in the process.
I used to work here
PIEL Hydrogen & Oxygen Generators - Nitrogen Generators - ILT Technology srl Division
and hidrogen is good for some industrial use and a good way to store energy wich will be otherwise lost (wind, hydroelectric dam etc.).

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
As Cobraboy said, the amount of energy required to produce hidrogen is extremely hig so, if you don't have a cheap supply of electricity the hidrogen will cost more than the savings. If you use your engine to electrolithichally part H2O and than burn again the hidrogen in your engine you will use more gasoline to do so and loose some thermal energy in the process.
I used to work here
PIEL Hydrogen & Oxygen Generators - Nitrogen Generators - ILT Technology srl Division
and hidrogen is good for some industrial use and a good way to store energy wich will be otherwise lost (wind, hydroelectric dam etc.).

You have a point there abount using more gasoline to power the H2 generator. I know of another company based at Toronto, Canada which
is operating 1996, providing H2 generators for heavy trucks.
Link CHEC HFI Hydrogen Fuel Injection system reduces emissions and improves engine efficiency, reducing fuel consumption while producing more power. It works with your truck, right now.

This company has patents for both Canada & USA. They have 70 dealers accross Canada and the USA. Their unit cost about $14,000.00. Apparently, they must be doing something right. A friend of mine used to work there. He told me that their sales hit the roof (the past 4 months).

Perhaps, the H2 unit works better on large applications. I would really doubt the fact that they are selling a useless product...

Georgios

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
HHO generators are a scam

I think georgios' intentions were good. It is just that hydrogen generators for cars are a scam and he was trying to see if anyone had luck with one. Since they don't really work, the answer will have to be no. No free lunch indeed.

After reading a lot I concluded that HHO generators are, indeed, a scam!!!
Apologies to everyone.

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. HHO = SCAM

Georgios

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
A lot of people who should know better have been drawn in by this one. A group in Japan recently got major worldwide media attention for their "hydrogen powered" car. When confronted with the scientific evidence, their response was that their hydrogen generator utilized a "totally innovative proprietary technology", and does not require large amounts of energy to generate hydrogen from water.

Cobraboy hit the nail on the head. The laws of thermodynamics still apply. There is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
There is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine.

Actually there is, I've invented it. By combining the laws of nature and Murphy:

If you drop a cat, it always lands on it's feet right?
If you a drop slice of buttered toast, it always lands buttered side down.
So, if you strap a buttered slice of toast onto the back of cat, pick it up and drop it, you have perpetual motion.

Just waiting for my Nobel prize!:glasses:

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
I downloaded the best-selling manual for an HHO generator so if anybody wants to try it for themselves pm me & I'll gladly email it over. It's a 7MB pdf file.

Not tried it myself yet, it's on my list for next year together with solar hot water & maybe a wind turbine for my invertor .....