Vet in/around Punta Cana area?

ecugrad03

Jul 16, 2008
Hi-

My husband and I are moving to Cap Cana soon and will be bringing our adopted retired racing greyhound. We are concerned about finding quality vet care for him in the DR. Does anyone know of any quality vets in the area? The closer, the better...but any advice is helpful.

Thanks so much!!

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
vet in el cortecito

There is a vet in the El Dorado Village complex. They have a pet store and a vet. Sorry i don't have their card anymore but i was in there a couple weeks ago.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi-

My husband and I are moving to Cap Cana soon and will be bringing our adopted retired racing greyhound. We are concerned about finding quality vet care for him in the DR. Does anyone know of any quality vets in the area? The closer, the better...but any advice is helpful.

Thanks so much!!

We live on the North coast of the island and brought 5 dogs and 2 cats from the UK just over 2 years ago. I cannot help you with finding a good vet in Cap Cana area but our experience has been that there are many good, well trained and informed vets here so sure you will find similar in your area too.

ecugrad03

Jul 16, 2008
Still looking...

Thanks for the words of wisdom...I have searched previous posts, etc. and have the names of a few vets, but haven't had much luck with finding vets in the Punta Cana area. Please keep the suggestions coming!! Thanks:)

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Check the location I mentioned . There is Pet Store and adjoining is the vet who is European. The remax island realty office is right there also. Upstairs is the New York New York restaurant. Its right at the El Dorado Village(condos) complex. The neighbourhood is called Los Corales in El Cortecito. Call Remax and ask them the name of the Pet Store, they manage the complex and will know.

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
I have 3 dogs and I take them to Blanca in Plaza Dorado. The plaza is at the entrance to Los Corales by the new Barcelo Hotel (ex. Ocean Hotels). I can't find her card either put there is a German couple that own the Pet Store there and they are great people and very knowledgeable and loving pet owners. Blanca also speaks English, if that helps. She has been my vet for the past 2 years and I prefer her over the other vets in the area.

Hope that helps.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
In Bavaro you've also got Vicente in Vetex. He's a really nice guy, trying to do the job of 5 vets (too many animals, too little vets!) and his store has a bit of everything. The clinic's number is 809-552-0670.

I've also heard of Blanca and she's got a very solid reputation. Haven't been there personally though.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I have 3 dogs and I take them to Blanca in Plaza Dorado. The plaza is at the entrance to Los Corales by the new Barcelo Hotel (ex. Ocean Hotels). I can't find her card either put there is a German couple that own the Pet Store there and they are great people and very knowledgeable and loving pet owners. Blanca also speaks English, if that helps. She has been my vet for the past 2 years and I prefer her over the other vets in the area.

Hope that helps.
This is the place. We own a condo in El Dorado, I was there and saw the pet store/vet and popped in for a few minutes.