Marriage Certificate

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Hi,

Does anyone know how much a marriage certificate costs here in the DR and where one would go to obtain one? Also, do you get it the same day?

Cheers,

Mr. Lu

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Do you mean a copy of an original or to actually get married and obtain the certificate?

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
For marriage

Both, a copy of an existing marriage certificate and a new certificate for a couple that is looking to get married.

Cheers,

Mr. Lu

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
You can get a copy same day for 200RD.

I have attached the link with the list of prices for both.
It also includes the pricing if 1 or both of the people are not Dominican citizens.

I believe that if takes a couple of days to receive the certificate after the marriage takes place.

Tasas para los Actos del Estado Civil

Hope that helps,
Sangria

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Cheers

You can get a copy same day for 200RD.

I have attached the link with the list of prices for both.
It also includes the pricing if 1 or both of the people are not Dominican citizens.

I believe that if takes a couple of days to receive the certificate after the marriage takes place.

Tasas para los Actos del Estado Civil

Hope that helps,
Sangria

Cheers,

Thank you very much

Mr. Lu

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I just read that most marriges at hotels are not legal. Is this true? Have a friends son comming to DR for his wedding. If it's not legal what happens when they get back to US. The hotel tells him no problem.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Scandal

I just read that most marriges at hotels are not legal. Is this true? Have a friends son comming to DR for his wedding. If it's not legal what happens when they get back to US. The hotel tells him no problem.

I think what you are referring to was a scandal that occurred a few months back when it was determined that an official was "selling" marriage certificates. I might smudge on the details. These marriages were voided. But if you follow the link posted it gives you the costs for the Civil Official to come to your location and marry you. I would think this could be the answer. However, you can wait for responses here or re-ask the question in the Legal forum.

Mr. Lu

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I dont believe there was ever a time that "most" marriages weren't legal.

This was an isolated incident in punta cana where a small fraction of people were affected.

I was just married in march, received my marriage certificate 2 days later and it is officially registered in the Dominican Republic.

You really don't need to worry.