H1B (Working VISA)

lgarcia

Jul 22, 2008
Hey guys,

I am supposed to go to the US embassy in the Dominican Republic sometime after October 2008 in order to get my H1b visa stamp.

Has anyone gone through that process??

I have little or no information regarding the documents that I need to submit at the embassy. Can anyone let me know what are the required docs?

Also, Is that true that I need to go personally to the us embassy at the DR 3 days before the appointment, in order to submitt the documents?

Please let me know,

Thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi,
I've asked ScottC on the Dominicans to US website and this is what he has sent me;

Renewing an H1B or H2B Visa

If you previously had an H1B or H2B visa and are applying to renew the visa, you must bring to the interview all of your pay receipts and tax documentation covering the entire period of time that you worked in the United States.

H2A, H2B and H2R Temporary Workers Appointment Process

Please note that in order to apply for individual or multiple person appointments for H2A, H2B and H2R temporary worker visas, the petitioner, applicant or authorized agent in the Dominican Republic must send an inquiry email to the Santo Domingo H2 team at H2DOM@csc.com. One of the team members will respond within two working days with information on how to obtain an appointment.

For more info contact ScottC at Dominicans to the USA

Hope this helps

Last edited: