whales

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonard

Jun 18, 2008
Can anyone tell me if there is a possiblity of watching the whales in late Feb. ? I am going to be in Punta Cana

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
You?ll have to go to the bay of Samana to hunt them. Travel agencies normally offer these excursions.

Saludos

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Actually, you can see whales off of Punta Cana at that time, just as you can see them along the north coast at least as far west as the Haitian border. But, Samana has the highest concentration of Humpbacks, an industry built around the viewing of these awesome mammals, and is your best shot at seeing them, although that isn't guaranteed on any given day.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
I agree, the whales are best seen in the north coast, Samana seems to be their destination of choice. late february has had some sightings, although they pick up in early/mid march. but you never know....the humpbacks might want an early vacation and want to dance a little merengue/bachata ! :)

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
If you are coming from Punta Cana, that would save the poster the time of not crossing or driving around Bahia Samana

Before Miches you go the right where is the sign from Punta El Rey.
I was myself tourguide on this boat to the humpbackwhales.
Normally we find the whales near Cayo Levantado.
Than you go back to Punta El Rey for the lunch.
The boat and the engines are new.
And Jumbo organize everything very well.
His name is Jumbo, because he is a little bit FAT boy.:bunny:
Jumbo if you read this.
Greetings from Andre from Holland.
Better you sent him an E-Mail to ask the days from the trips and departing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.