Where can I buy quality Produce in Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is there a good place to buy fruit in Sosua? I was there for 5 days in April and the few stores I visited the fruit was in terrible condition, practically rotting on the shelves. I figure there has to be a good place somewhere since the restaurants were able to get quality pineapples and other produce. I will be back in Sosua next week.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Where is there a good place to buy fruit in Sosua? I was there for 5 days in April and the few stores I visited the fruit was in terrible condition, practically rotting on the shelves. I figure there has to be a good place somewhere since the restaurants were able to get quality pineapples and other produce. I will be back in Sosua next week.
It's not easy, as the only high quality vendor, is no longer in business.
That being said, El Rubio in Los Charamicos is the next best thing.
The best way to do it is ask for him, ask which days he goes to market and what time he arrives.
Then you go an hour or so after he arrives, to give him a chance to get the stock unloaded, then you can select the cream of the crop.
If there is something you require in higher quality, you can ask him to bring it to you on the next market day.
He must go 3 or 4 times per week.
If your Spanish sux and this is too complicated for you, come and see me early in the morning and I'll take you over and get you set up.
Regards, Marco.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
It's not easy, as the only high quality vendor, is no longer in business.
, Marco.

So tell us Marco, who was the high quality vendor? Anyone those of us who have been coming to the DR or lived in the DR since the late 80's might know??? I sure wish he and his Juice Bar were still in business. We always had to buy our fruit and vegetables there, not just because they were always fresh but the kids always wanted his fresh squeezed juices.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
So tell us Marco, who was the high quality vendor? Anyone those of us who have been coming to the DR or lived in the DR since the late 80's might know??? I sure wish he and his Juice Bar were still in business. We always had to buy our fruit and vegetables there, not just because they were always fresh but the kids always wanted his fresh squeezed juices.
Some tall ugly dude from Queerbec, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.